Two thumbs up to Toyota...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2min on google and I found this: http://www.kentlaw.edu/faculty/fbos.../Coursedocs/HollebJasonHybridPresentation.pdf

Apperantly the anti-prius "study" is actually a myth. :rolleyes: A little more research showed the man behing it is an avaid sportscar guy that is a sindicated columest. Is there motive behind this "study"??? :D

We bought a Prius & a Suburban in '01. She has 185K on the prius. I traded off the Sub in Ca$h for clunkers(2009) & got a Scion XB. The Sub had 180K on it.

The sub. was over 50K new, the prius was 28K. In '09 the sub was worth 2K Kelly BB in Good condition. Her Prius was still around 6K Kelly BB last fall in Good condition.

Her Prius battery is 10 y.o and we have ZERO problems.

While I can't speak for everyone that owns a Prius, my wife is far from a Eco-Snob in her driving. More like a Shirley cha-cha Muldowney than the granola eaters discribed in this thread. I seldom let her in the Sub. or the 3 Dodge Rams I had prior, as tires got expensive. ( She keeps asking if I found A Rat to buy yet)

The Prius is actually pretty quick off the line for what it is and cruises nice at REAL highway speeds.

The Jaws of Life comment seems strange. I'm not aware of any electical running in the "A" pillar, roof, or, rear pillar other than the dome light. A gas powerded cut off wheel would zipp the roof of in a second. Actually there is very little metal at all holding the roof on.

I think what was eluded to with the jaws of life was that if you hit one of the Hybrid Battery cables with one it is a bad day. The rescue crews were always trained to cut the battery leads at an accident scene. On a hybrid it will kill you. There are all kinds of warnings on them and in our training as well.

I think what was eluded to with the jaws of life was that if you hit one of the Hybrid Battery cables with one it is a bad day.

I got that part. What I didn't get was the concern as the Cables are on the floor between the seats

electric-car-shock-3.jpg

At the time I was was only think about cutting the top off. I forgot about roll -overs. So, yes, I see that point.

Well there you go......

Looks like a rod to me..... guess you make about anything look cool with the right touches.....[cl

I never knew they were run there. GM puts most of their batteries under the hood. But now that you mention it we are fixing saturn hybrids now and they put the batteries in the trunk as well. I will have to see where they are run. hum...

I never knew they were run there. GM puts most of their batteries under the hood. But now that you mention it we are fixing saturn hybrids now and they put the batteries in the trunk as well. I will have to see where they are run. hum...

The 12v Battery is also back there.

Under the hood there is a remote start terminal in the fuse box to use if the car needs to be jumped. In the one we own there is no room for either battery. I'm not that knowledgeable on today's auto electronics but, I do think there is an engineering based reason that they put the battery pack back there.

Just goes to show, an ugly car with flat black paint and red wheels is still an ugly car.
Maybe the wires don't run through the roof pillars and it might be unlikely but the jaws of life sometimes have to cut through different parts of the car depending on the wreck. I would think it is still a very real concern about hitting them.

Just saw a clip on the news at lunch - TX is real close to passing a bill to raise the max speed limit to 85. Going to be a bit scary to run at 52 when you have Tahoes whizzing by at 90 in the next lane.

Hybrids just don't go 'round here.

just clothes pin the card near the electric motor cooling fan! same effect.........[cl

no arguement with all of that. But the question is do you drive 48-52 MPH everywhere? That is all that people dont like. heck, If I could get 49 MPG with a street rod and still have power I would be all over it! But I wouldnt drive 48-52:D
My wife drives faster than me in her Prius. ;)

Will a prius squeel the tires???

Cause if it doesn't, my wife wouldn't know she was moving and she'd have to put the pedal down further till she hears the tires break loose.....:eek:

Latest posts

Back