using things for a different purpose than they were designed for...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liljgoneman

so, i'm always on the hunt for new and creative uses for just about everything. for example, the rear bulkhead on my T roadster started life as an import truck taligate. i just cut away all the junk that didn't look like a T part.. :)
lets see what kinda creativity lurks out there!

Attachments

• rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 131
No pictures.. but..

On my 49 GMC, I shaved the door handles, but didn't have the money to buy off the shelf door latch actuators. But, I had a couple Delco starter solenoids laying around, SOoooo.. I retrofitted them and made door latch solenoids out of them. They sure will open the hell out of a door. When ya hit the door opener, they would ***KER-CHUNK*** and walla.. Access granted.. :cool:

new use for old stuff

We all use old stuff, and redesign it for our needs at the time, I have some questionable stuff on my car, but that trailer hitch set up just look's to scary, let us know where he is so we won't go there, I would not want to be cruising down the road next to that guy.

The true meaning of the term,
he's got a hitch in his gitty-up.

I use bottle caps for washers when putting drywall screws in wood.

Hey, we'll depend on that connection to pull a $90,000 boat at 70 miles an hour down the highway, so why not? lol.. [cl

Hey, we'll depend on that connection to pull a $90,000 boat at 70 miles an hour down the highway, so why not? lol.. [cl

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't think I would have the nerve to try it. But it is this type thinking and enginuity that got me involved in RRing in the first place.

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't think I would have the nerve to try it. But it is this type thinking and enginuity that got me involved in RRing in the first place.

Maybe he should add a set of safety chains to that tho.. hahhah

the tem "trailer arm" is invented.

If you install that on the front axle you would have to check to make sure it doesn't "tow in or out of allignment",.....

If you were inclined to use that on your front axle, I would bet to guess tow in, or out wouldn't mean allot to you.. Just sayin.. [S

Dig it

Im digging that overflow bottle.

Also, I would use that singer sewing light mounted on the dash as a dash light..

Just sayin..

I have an old C4 map light from a B-52, complete with red black out lens filter I aim to use as a map light in my ride. Used to have a bunch of them because they fit great in my lunch box when I used to work B-52s, hehheh.. Oh.. No... No I didn't.. [S

Latest posts

Back