using things for a different purpose than they were designed for...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4059254474_6298ef9643.jpg

I guess not an example of using something for a different purpose but it did work pretty good :) I put on a lot of back road miles with that setup. Cheaper than a new fuel pump.

4096221105_5df88efd27.jpg

I used an old running gear as a car trailer to get an old F-6 I bought home. Worked pretty good although unloading it was a challenge. My old F-100 (pictured pulling the F6) had a lot of parts rigged on. There were scavenged light switches out of a mobile home for turning on various things. An old knob off a TV turned off and on the windshield wipers. A boat gas tank replaced the original steel one.

My tractor had one of those inline lamp switches to turn off and on the ignition. The 53 Willys I have has metal from a cattle waterer, old cover from a IH bailer, computer cases, and bed frames. I've used garden hose for heater hose, bed springs to replace broken clutch return springs and springs for drum brakes, soup can with an ice cream bucket cut up for a turn signal lens. Pennies with holes drilled in them make for cheap washers.

I tend to rig a lot of stuff, especially when I have no spare cash. I've got a big stash of random stuff that sits around in case I need it. Latest random thing I've used was a switch off a big jump start thingee for jump starting large trucks. I noticed it had three mega huge solenoids. Most likely they'll get used next time I need to replace a solenoid.

twin scoops

on my 59 chev sedan , I used a pair of wringer washer[ 50s circa] legs on the hood for twin air scoops, the boys loved them ....until I said what their off of..lol

Latest posts

Back