Vacation Bible School Display

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TiredIronGRB

Traditionalist
The guy that heads up our VBS at church asked me if I had any old cars parts they could use since this years theme is Route 66 based. I told him I thought I might have something laying around...

VBS_01.jpg

VBS_02.jpg

VBS_03.jpg

VBS_04.jpg

I had to remove the front clip to install the SBC 350 anyway so I made some brackets to make it sturdy and wired up the lights to a battery charger.

I'm also using a set of '61 Caddy hub caps as offering plates.

Like they say, "Praised to the Lowered"! Bet that's a Vacation Bible School they'll never forget!

Toad

that is too cool TI!!! that has to be the coolest VBS i've ever seen!--if our church had that type of theme, i'd probably be a little more interested in VBS myself!!:eek::D

the whole church looks beautiful, even if there wasn't a cool caddy in the front, hope to here how well the VBS goes!![P[P
thanks for sharing......[cl

Great idea for VBS.
Even though VBS is to bring the children to know and study the Lord's Word, adults are encourage to attend also.

Yes it takes creative thinking to draw people to church as more and more people pull away, but what makes a church is not about the building or a theme of a service, but whether you truely believe in the Lord Jesus Christ Your Savior and that alone should be the driving force to which you worship Him. And it's not once a week or during Vacaton Bible School, but everyday of your life.

John 3:16
Here ends the lesson for today.

Last edited:
Great idea well presented. [cl..God bless you for thinking outside the box!! Young people today are bored with boring traditional churches. To get their attention and give them the gospel you need to be alittle different!..:D

I'm glad you finally put up some pics of your VBS !!! I've been wanting to see them ! Looks very CQQL ! [cl Are you sure your not going to trade the Caddy off and have go to the Church to repo the front end ??? :D:D Good job, Iron !!

Last night was the first night, we had a great turn out and we had five old cars come and setup out front. The kids (and parents) really enjoyed it, hopefully the Lord Jesus will bless it and we'll see fruit from it.

Put the hammer down and shift when you see Jesus!

Cool stuff! Is that The Church of the Holy Roadster?

I showed the pics to my son, he loved it. He is working as a counselor at a church camp this summer.

Latest posts

Back