Weekend Progress Anyone?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't laugh @ my new coop!!! ; - >

I've been taking a small break lately but have been workin' on Mrs. Tripper's to do list & finishin' up our back fence. I did get time to order a gasser front end for my '41 Chev panel though. The rest of my weekend will be spent workin' on a new coop. No... that's no misspelling. Not a 'lil Deuce Coupe... & don't laugh... a chicken coop! Mrs. Tripper has been threatenin' for quite a while to bring one of these home (I live in the *middle* of the big city)...

chicken.JPG

BoB

I did the coop thing last weekend.Got the kiddos a banny rooster and hen,im much better on metal than wood.First ran the drill through my pinky, and then pen came out crooked,chicks never noticed.

Well since this thread is still around this week and I don't have much, I'll just add to it.

I picked up this 392 hemi and wasted too much time staring at it and dreaming.......
The intake doesn't belong on it. I was just playing

I did started on some minor projects for my dad's Willys but didn't finish any of them. The only thing I took pictures of was the trunk hinge project.......that I didn't finish.

These are the trunk hinges that came with the car. NOT ACCEPTABLE.

My dad bought these trunk hinges because he thought he was saving me some fab time. Wellllllllllllllllllll, they don't fit and I really didn't like the looks of them either.

So I made some new plates for them that fit the holes in the deck lid.........................

Last edited:
Then I cut down the end and shaped it. I also drilled some holes in the hinge arms and rounded the edges

Here it is on the car. Still needs a little work.

Nothing done carwise in over a week. Big thing this weekend was getting the wife back home yeaterday from a stay in the hospital.

You mean all you got done was a pair of world class hinges??? Thought you might have to make some reinforcements for your engine stand to hold that hemi thingy you got there.

I luv Tig'n aluminum, ya start layin' that bead down, an' ya get in the rythmn of dip'n the stick..the world jus kinda fades away,, you become one with the bead..:rolleyes: got 9 of the 15 oil pans done...:D

Worked on a friends rock buggy all weekend. Tube work cage and bars. Glad to see the work week start so I can get rested up for next wekend.

I was workin on the bed for the F1 Saturday doing some welding. Couldn't see very good so I started welding with sun glasses. Bad Idea! About 6 hours later my eyes were watering and hurtin so bad I couldn't sleep. Couldn't open them with the lights on. Went to the ER at 12 o'clock in the morning. They checked em out and told me in so many words "STUPID". :mad: Yes, I know better but sometime I have brain farts and do stupid things. Well everythings OK with them didn't damage the retina just sunburned them. Lesson learned wear your helmet or get some lighter lenses.

I thought we taught you better than that. If it is a bi focal thing you can get lenses with correction in them from your local welding shop, other wise a #9 shade should work pretty good.

I picked up a 97 HD Ultra Classic bagger a couple months ago. The anus puke that owned it, ran the bike into the ground. Been chasing ghost in the electrical for a couple months and re-worked the brakes and some the instruments were trashed. All in all, the bike was worth the cash out of pocket. Neen trying to get it ready for a nice week trip out to the salt flats in September. Picked up a new MIG and have been teaching my young daughters to weld with it, the 9 year old is doing very well for a young girl.:eek::D:p

Maximo

It's Alive!!

Got my low tech set up going to see if my engine actually ran. Been sitting for at least 3 years. The guy I got it from said it was a great running 327. The numbers say its a 307 and it has 194 heads(according to the numbers)

I got it running and its no stock 307, very healthy, revs super quick and does not smoke:). May very well have a 350 crank. I was quite happy. Heres some pics of my low tech set up.

An IV stand, motorcycle tank and a Dodge pu rad. Plug wires courtesy of Gastrick.

Also figured out a "muffler" set up, sounds good and I can quiet it or make it louder by adding or subtracting discs. Oh and I also put front shocks on my daily. Been a good weekend.

Attachments

• lowtech2.jpg
    lowtech2.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 40
  • supertrapp.jpg
    supertrapp.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 23
  • plugwires2.jpg
    plugwires2.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 23
Careful with the eyes DMW! That bad ass truck of yours won't do you any good if you can't see to drive it!!! I'm really glad your ok buddy! I made some progress on the 51 today. See my "51 F-1" thread.

Thunder1

Latest posts

Back