Went for a little drive the other day.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donsrods

I held off posting this here because I put it up somewhere else and didn't want to come across as bragging, but then I figured I would share it with all my rodding buddies on here.

Last Sunday my Son Don and I took our T's to a town about an hour and a half away from home to the first car show they were having at that particular location. They had a good turnout, considering it is Summer in Florida and not much happens until the Winter residents return for the year.......92 cars showed up, and all of them were really sharp. That area of Florida (Northport, Port Charlotte, Venice) seems to have quite a few great cars anyways for some reason.

Anyways, at the end they handed out trophies, and when they called my name I was really shocked. My car is ok, but it isn't one that usually grabs judges attention, like ones with bright paint jobs and all. Then a few minutes later they called Don's name, and he got one too! :D I was hoping he would get one, especially after I did, and also since his car is really much nicer than mine.

The drive home was just the best.........it was really cool out, and very little traffic. Just two hot rod roadsters rolling through the dark, and their drivers enjoying the night air.:) That is what we live for. Here are some pictures from the show.

Don

Here I am following Don and his Girlfriend to the show.

northportshow005.jpg

And at the show..............

northportshow016.jpg

Do we look happy??????
northportshow047.jpg

Very cool!

Don,
That is totally awesome and well deserved. Both your cars are especially nice and that had to be a treat. Congrats!

ISore

Don,
That is totally awesome and well deserved. Both your cars are especially nice and that had to be a treat. Congrats!

ISore

Sorry Isore, I wasn't ignoring you, I was busy typing my little fingers off. :D

Thanks, it really was fun, and nice to be recognized for the work we put into them.

Don

Don,i was just thinking that i would like to see pix of members here actually
out and about enjoying their cars. Thanks so much and congratulations!

Thanks. Yeah, I like to see other members pictures too of stuff like cruising and shows, so I figured others might like to see these. As you can see, they drew a wide variety of makes and models at this show.

Don

Congrats Don..............Great shots too. Oh.......Will you buy the '59 Ranchero for me and I'll pay you back asap..?
Thanks.

Wasn't that supposed to be "I'll gladly pay you back for a hamburger Tuesday?" :D I liked the Ranchero too, it was pretty unmolested. How about that red '59 Caddy? He took best of show and sure deserved it.....WOW!! :D

Don

Those were great to see Don! Thanks for the pics. They remind me of the big parking lot every Saturday night just up the road from me. Both of you have beautiful cars!

Thunder1

Congrats Don, cool story and photos. I recognize a couple of those cars from Daytona. What, were you and Don the last ones to leave? The lot was dark and empty for that trophy shot, lol. Good job.

Latest posts

Back