What are the physical differences between model T & A ???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnum

I often see parts listed on E-Bay as Model T, A ... were some parts interchangeable ( windshield posts, etc. ) hoods ??? to me, looking at pictures, the A & T's look similar, but maybe the A's were a little wider, & longer in the leg room area...

is there a data base / website, that compares dimensions between the 2 cars ???

i believe the model t sedan doors are the same as model a truck doors, but don't know for sure, other wise not very much. maybe some odds and ends.

thanks for the reply... as I'm trying to collect parts, I want to try & ensure everything can at least be "made" to fit together without too much work...

...'26-'27 T coupe & Tudor sedan doors are the same, and interchange with '28-'29 Model A closed cab pickup's, but, the hinges are different...T hinge parts don't work with A hinge parts...you need a complete set, (door side and cowl post side), of either to work...

Not only are very few parts interchangeable between T's and A's, there are even differences between parts for T's and T's, and A's and A's.

For example, T's are broken up into the following groupings:

23-25, sort of the same.

26-27, sort of the same.

Model A's.

28-29, sort of the same.

30-31, sort of the same.

The reason I say "sort of" is because there are differences in things like fenders, grille shells, hoods, belt lines, windshields, etc. For that reason, it is best to stick with one model year and not to try to make other year parts fit. In addition, Ford used at least to different companies to build their body parts........Briggs and Murray, and parts between those two are not interchangeable for the most part.

Don

Latest posts

Back