What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday night, I picked up a rotten Model A rear end, to use the rear spring perches. Saw a neat idea on the HAMB for mounting a transverse spring on a '40 rear end using Model A rear perches. Saturday drove a total of 7 hours to pick up a boxed Model A frame, figure for what I paid in fuel and for the frame, I couldn't have boxed my frame for the same money. I measured everything at the guys house and everything seemed alright. Get it home and it seems to have a slight tweek, rails are level but seems I am 3/8" outta square... got some clean up work on it, so I may pull it into a local shop and have it straightened before I dive too far into it. Sunday was a family day with the father inlaw's 60th and such so no car stuff done.

I started suiciding the doors on my F1 project..didn't get real far with the new bambino and all, but I AM commited..LOL

Had to work the annual festival in our city....

4 days.....Thursday - Sunday...they call it the "Good Old Days Festival"...it is anything but good for me....a couple hundread thousand people desend into a city that normally has about 6,500.....:eek:......long hours, (14 to 16 a day.....drunks from the "beverage tent"..aka Beer tent.....(got to be politically correct) and a number of arrests for "drunk and stupid" and or DUI (in Michigan it's OWI.Operating while impaired....covers all the bases just varying degrees.) had 2 drunks make left turns onto the railroad tracks..... they were hammered thought it was a street.....lol.......God I love this job.....[cl

so did zip on anything..... heck went out this morning and found moles floating in my pool skimmers:eek:.....nobody had checked them since I did on Thursday before I left for work....

Yall are doin great lookin work on your rides Im hoping mine turns out the way I have it visioned I've bout got my frame set I like attaching my front spring to my radius arms I've been building temp for my body all week in the bedroom floor and almost have the front section of my floor pan cut to size I'll post some pics when I figure out how to do it fro
This iPhone

Had our towns Home And Harvest. Pretty quiet. 12 hr shifts, fireworks etc. Not to many issues. Back to week 4 of the FT academy next week. Driving and shooting in week 4! Fun stuff! but I do have 2 court cases in the middle of it all that I couldn't get moved. Oh well..[cl

Took maiden voyage & burned a lil rubber!!! Fabbed up door latches, fender spreaders etc. Horn, windshield & wipers next!

BoB

Attachments

• alley.jpg
    alley.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 12
Drove a cool old car 550 miles, hung out with a bunch of RRR guys, and looked at acres of old cars and parts...not to mention the ladies...awesome weekend!

Long time member and Dodge truck builder "Skull" swung by the ranch last week, visited for a few swapped some parts n stuff I had for some he had, nice guy, good time had by all. Gotta say the Dodge truck he built looks better in person, and runs great.

Attachments

• skull.jpg
    skull.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 19
Gears

Got the gears back in my T bucket. Had 2.73s in a 8.2 GM rear axle with 32 inch tires. Went back with 3.73s. Had to use a spacer, but everything went well. I ordered LED 39 lights for the rear last night. The 1157 bulbs nor the LED replacements were bright enough. Seems like the red glass is too dark.
Anyway LEDs on the way.

Let's see.....

wife had surgery on Wed....(she's doing fine) spent the night in the hospital with her..... drove home from the Hospital Thursday night and the window regulator on the truck snapped the cable so down the window went...fixed the regulator on Friday then rewired the old equipment trailer that I bought for 200 bucks... took it Saturday morning to get 6500 pounds (3 palets) of patio block for the new patio, picked up 6 sections of shadowbox fencing, 4x4 posts, quickrete, put an AC compressor on my nephews Jeep and charged the air so he could take if back down to TN.....Sunday got up and drained off water from the pool and got it hunkered down for the winter..... an all day sucker....I was too pooped to participate in any work on my project(s).... heck, I get tired thinking about it...:eek: I have started to consider using some of that 5 hour energy crap...LOL:D

Not as much as I wanted

but did get some work, being I had to wrork, the weekend I swapped some old/new wheel new mounted that will fit into to the wheel trying to into the wheel well lower backend down to match the front

thanks Mike

Belair out of the garage

Got some details, small leaks, fixed, sprayed the car flat black, backed it out of the garage and drove up the road about a mile and back. Need to mount rear view mirrors, I CAN NOT drive a car with no rear view mirrors. ..[P
I have two more Keystone Raders for the rear but need tires then will mount them.

Attachments

• 54 chevy 025 (Small).jpg
    54 chevy 025 (Small).jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 54 chevy 026 (Small).jpg
    54 chevy 026 (Small).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 9
  • 54 chevy 027 (Small).jpg
    54 chevy 027 (Small).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 54 chevy 028 (Small).jpg
    54 chevy 028 (Small).jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 54 chevy 029 (Small).jpg
    54 chevy 029 (Small).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 13
been at the academy during the week. Came home to find out the wifes trans went in the suburban after 214K. I had another 03 trans but it wont fit. So off to the bone yard to get another one...[S

Dan and I cleaned out a lot of parts at the shop and got them sold. We were running out of room and there was stuff I have been sitting on for years and years and will never use. Sure made a lot of difference in space. :D

Don

Latest posts

Back