What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I added a couple of braces for my front end then went to a car show Sat nite. On Sun I took a very long cruise! I love stickin' my foot in the middle of a big block & hearin' it suck in air & gas!!!

BoB

We started welding up my rpu front shock mounts today and had one almost done when the disc grinder slipped and cut through my Son Dan's glove and thumb on his left hand. :( It doesn't need stitches but we called it a day and got him patched up. All of the stuff we car guys play with can sure hurt you in a heartbeat. :(

This is why there aren't that many chick wrenchers! Not many women like the damage to the body that guys take as part of the deal! Sorry to hear about Dan's hand Don... better pull out that case of Neosporin again! :eek:

BoB

His thumb isn't as bad as we thought, it will heal up in a week or so, but thanks for mentioning it. :)

Tonight we went to shop and he said if I did the grinding he could do the welding on my shock brackets, but when we got there Don was working on his Capri, so we just hung out for a while. Then we took our 3 cars on about a 60 mile little cruise and ended up in Ft Myers Beach at a restaurant. While we were eating tons of people were taking pictures in front of our cars, which is cool.

While we were eating on the patio next to the street a few girls walked by and one of them reached through the railing and pinched Don's butt. :eek: Which brings up a strange situation. If the shoe were on the other foot and we reached through the railing and pinched a stranger chicks butt, we would be in handcuffs and be labeled an offender. But when they do it to us it is cool. Is that a double standard or what ?

I was just mad because no one pinched my butt. :(

Don

Did 2 swap meets

Went to Coys swap meet at Bandimere speedway, Denver on Sat. the 5th. Then drove 6.5 hours to Las Lunas NM for Sundays meet. Gladly my wife decide to come along, so at least I had some good company. Met some great people at the Las Lunas meet and might have made a connection for some car bodies out of Las Crusas. Stopped by DMW 56's parts but he must have been out shoping cuz was not there.
We stopped in Santa Fe on the way back and did the arty farty thing at the plaza.

Repaired the gas tank on my 58 Rambler. Got it all ready to use this year crawled under it and found some gas dripping from the tank. scrapped the undercoat off the tank and it started leak. Lucky I seen it before I filled the tank.

Drain the tank and patch it was gas tank sealer. All good to go now

chopped the bent up leaking 3 bolt collectors and reducers off my daily driver lowrider truck and welded on a flowmaster gasketless ball collector flange kit. A little pricey but well made and gives a little more ground clearance for the exhaust. Didn't want to spend the money but a stump in the middle of a parking lot at night changed my plans.

Stump, Night, Parking lot are not usually words that are used in the same sentance!:D

I got a few stories about parking lots at night,but thats the only one I'm going to share.[ddd

Did some serious crusin', took in a car show, dusted a Euro rod, spend a couple hours cleaning my messy garage & moved some motors & trannies back to H-town! Had fun messing around on the freeway with a new Challenger SRT8 & when the driver finally rolled down the window... it was a chick! Hahaha!!! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

Was she cute ? [dr

Friday Dan and I put in an all nighter until 5:30 am Saturday morning hanging 12 florescent lights in Don's part of the shop. Don had bought Dan a new Miller Luckys Speed Shop welding helmet so Dan had to do something for him in return. How I got roped into it I will never know, but all I know is that I am sore and tired. :eek: It is a lot brighter in there though.

Saturday Dan was playing out of town so I was on my own. My rpu body needed the existing trans hump cut out because it was originally put in by Dan for a different setup and it didn't match my frame. A few hours with the sawzall and I had it out. Then I thought I better install the new shifter I bought from American Shifter to see how it would fit. Got that done so now Monday night we can start rebuilding the transmission hump and driveshaft tunnel .

Today Dan and Don were with their Mom for Mothers Day, so I got to catch up on my napping. My two furry roommates kept me company and napped right along side.

Here is a picture of my shifter partially installed.

Don

myrpushifterinstall003.jpg

Good eyes 440 that engine is an Olds.
I spent the weekend at my moms in Alabama. Saw a few neat cars and trucks at a little shop in Cuthbert Ga. everything was for sale. I was really into the IH especially the 5 speed shift pattern.

Attachments

• finds 010.jpg
    finds 010.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 31
  • finds 001.jpg
    finds 001.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 32
  • finds 002.jpg
    finds 002.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 33
  • finds 003.jpg
    finds 003.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 34
  • finds 004.jpg
    finds 004.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 32
  • finds 005.jpg
    finds 005.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 31
AMC marlin in pic

I'll show my 15 year old son this Marlin pic, we were at the Canfield ,Ohio swap meet a few weeks ago , and my son got the phone number from a guy that had a '66 Marlin there for sale , I can't remember the price, but my son is saving for it ,,, right after he pays off the '72 Cougar XR7 convertible he just put $ 300.00 deposit on . Like my son said, He's the only 9th grader that owns two cars. The Cougar has no motor or tranny, but I have that already, the Cougar will need some work , but the body is in great shape , having spent most of it's life in a garage .

Rebuilt the carb on my wives sportster, fired up the 72 shovel and then on Monday removed the motor out of the 46 Ford pick up this weekend I am borrowing my buddy's tractor to make a area for the 46 frame and cab which I'm going to take off the cab off the frame while I have the tractor to use.[cl

Latest posts

Back