What Did Ya Get Done This Weekend?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tore down a couple 12 bolt truck rear ends,one good and one with both axles bad and the bolt broke off in the cross pin.

NewProjectNow004.jpg

Not the weekend, but, today I dismantled the '28 Reo 4 door that has been sitting on my trailer since last fall. It is for the project after the two current projects.
I needed to free up the trailer for a trip out to SoDak to visit Willowbilly and bring back the makings for the project after the project that follows the two current projects.:D

Got that?[S

Finished the floor in my 62 Impala. Only needed a small patch under the driver heel area. The rest of the floor was just minor surface rust so I cleaned it and painted it with POR 15. After the paint dried I installed the carpet that has been hiding in the closet for way too many years. Installed the back seat so I would get a little more room in my garage. I have all new interior but will wait to have it redone after everything is working and drive able. And yes I did sit in the car dreaming about doing burn outs.

Attachments

• impala 043.jpg
    impala 043.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 11
  • impala 044.jpg
    impala 044.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 10
Painted around the back of the 56. I taped and papered, my daughter wanted to peel it all off. Back kinda looks like a bulldogs jaw... Got the passeger side doors and the cowl left, then lace on top...

Attachments

• buick80.jpg
    buick80.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 15
  • buick81.jpg
    buick81.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 19
  • buick84.jpg
    buick84.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 17
This weekend my wife and I made an 800 mile round trip to my grandfather's funeral. He lived a long, full life, having celebrated his 100th birthday January 6. No car issues to report - the 298,000 mile 94 Chrysler made the round trip without a hitch, and got 28 mpg to boot. It was well worth it to visit family.

440shorty

Friday evening clear a spot behind the garage, saturday morning spread some gravel then spent the afternoon removing the cab from the 46 frame what a pain in the a** but I got it.
Sunday spent time with the family for a cookout then monday went right back to work on all of my projects wish I was able to just work around the homestead instead of having to go to a real job.

Went up the country lookin' for some old tin & a new place to call home! Then headed back to the coast to spend a couple of days with my youngest & her brood & had fun cruise'n the Chevelle & '41 pickumup truck!

BoB

Attachments

• porch.jpg
    porch.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 25
Went up the country lookin' for some old tin & a new place to call home! Then headed back to the coast to spend a couple of days with my youngest & her brood & had fun cruise'n the Chevelle & '41 pickumup truck!

BoB

Is the "looking for a new place to call home" tied into "looking for some old tin"? As in, if you bring home one more piece of steel you will be sleeping with the pooch in the doghouse ? :eek::eek::D

This was a pretty mello weekend, we were in a holiday laid back mood. Dan and I got some more floor subframe done on my rpu on Friday and Saturday, then on Sunday Don and I went to a swap meet. We went to the same one a month ago and it was great, this time not so much. Fewer vendors and stuff we needed. All I bought was a pickle fork for $ 2.00.:eek:

Memorial Day Dan I and I took our roadsters out for a little drive and went to lunch. Then we met Don at the shop and the 3 of us hung out all day. I decided to give Dan the 92 Mustang Don gave me a few months ago, so he was washing it and making plans to tub it and cage it. I was never going to get around to building it, so it made sense to just pass it along.

We got a little shock when we uncovered it in the parking lot. About a week ago I noticed the bungee cord that was under the car holding the car cover in place was off..........I figured the wind had taken it off, so I put it back on. Yesterday when we uncovered the car we found the drivers door not latched, someone had been in there snooping around. So we moved it into the shop before it disappears. D*** theives ! :mad:

Last night at the shop we cooked burgers and hot dogs on the grille, drank a few cold beers, and laughed a lot. All in all, a great weekend. :D

Don

I cut out some rusty pieces of floorboard and rocker panel and bent up a piece to repair it,now I just have to get it all fitted up and weld it in [;)

Got the dual quads installed and tuned. did'nt need 1200 cfm but it sure looks bitchin :cool:

Attachments

• Build 084.jpg
    Build 084.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 13
painted the chopped 70, had a cook out with the outlaws, had some friends stop in to the cook out as well. all in all a good day off![cl

Even got an arrest for my birthday today! Working on your B-Day doesn't seem so bad now I guess...:D

Finished the tank and the rear brakes on the bike.
2012-06-09_11-58-43_311.jpg

Thurs night B52s concert, Friday night HOA meeting, Saturday Graduation party for neighbor kid, memorial for a friend, and then a Baseball game, Sunday Car Club BBQ.

Glad I went to work today to get some rest!!:rolleyes:

The grey mule has left the barn

Finally decided to roll my 72 out and do some clean up work in preparation for paint. I thought I was ready at one time as you can see from the guide coat. Decided I should repair a few spots with patch panels instead of covering them for a quick fix. 10 years later I am building a new engine as money allows and finishing the body work preparing for a flat paint job in the original colors. Sorry for the fuzzy interior.

Attachments

• truck 020.jpg
    truck 020.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 31
  • truck 017.jpg
    truck 017.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 33
  • truck 019.jpg
    truck 019.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 29
As long as you don't have fuzzy dice!!! LOL

Finally decided to roll my 72 out and do some clean up work in preparation for paint. I thought I was ready at one time as you can see from the guide coat. Decided I should repair a few spots with patch panels instead of covering them for a quick fix. 10 years later I am building a new engine as money allows and finishing the body work preparing for a flat paint job in the original colors. Sorry for the fuzzy interior.

Looks good to me!!! but then again...what do I know??? :D

Older, wiser and still building tells me you know a lot. Thanks maybe someday I will have a real car to show on here.

Latest posts

Back