What do you think about the new Vette!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Well the pictures are finally out for the new Vette & I always like to reserve my opinion until I actually see one on the streets. As a photographer, I know that like people, cars have their good & bad sides and a photo can be very deceiving! My only real comment at this point... not really sure calling it a "Stingray" is a good idea!

BoB

Attachments

• vette.jpg
    vette.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 63
I think my son has a Hotwheels that looks just like that! HMMM I just know it is out of my price range, but I can appreciate the detail and design in it. Thanks for sharing!

I really don't care for it, too jazzy IMO. I'm not a fan of the new Camaros either. GM has had some better designs in the past for both of them, I think.

Don

i haven't really liked any of the vettes after the mid 70's. i know the late 70's vette kinda looks like the older ones but i didn't like the back windsheild.

Not real sure, the Vette's used to have a concerted look where the body lines would flow. This one has stuff happening in all directions, looks like it had a neat and tidy explosion.

So far the pics I have seen have not really done it justice, I will reserve my true opinion after I see it in person. I think they did a good job in some respects with the tributes you can see in the detail. I do like the harder body lines, and the wide body look with the step out from the side glass.

There are a couple things I'm not sure about, like the soft lines in the hood... And in this price range, I'm not crazy about a fake looking plastic mesh grille...

To me where is the old look....Looks more like a car from the movie CARS.
Look at the nice smiling face on the front end. SOme eyelashes and it would be just lovely. Chrysler hit it on the head with their Challenger. Looks like the 70's car.

You would think Ford or Chevy would come out with a 32-36 Coupe looking just like the one from the 30's....it would sell.

Lungs

Attachments

• 2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-jpg.jpg
    2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-Stingray-jpg.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 22
I don't care for Corvettes but appreciate them for the value they are compared to high dollar sports cars. I suppose if one were to fall in my lap, I'd take a 62 or a 67. The new ones are OK. Like all new designs they'll either grow on me or they won't. [S [S

I think it looks pretty good compared to some others. Its not a stingray, not like the ones I remember anyway. As for the new camaros, I rented one for a couple weeks and liked it other than the bad blind spot in the rear corners when backing up and pulling out. Ive owned a C4 vette and it was fun to drive but was very slow.

Latest posts

Back