What does everyone do?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am one of the lucky people in the world to be their own boss by owning a shop that ONLY builds hot rods/classics (whatever you want to call them) I dont do daily collision work at all so our hobby is also my bread and butter.:cool:

Has its drawbacks- I cant call in sick (and Ill tell you -working 80-100 hrs a week you WANT to sometimes) and cant complain to the boss - because then my staff would think I am crazier than I am- cuz Id be talking to myself...LOL

I own my own Website/Graphic Design Business. Do mostly websites, logos, and brochures. A lot of my clients include shops and parts suppliers, the working class. All with an old style touch. Been in the business for 7 years now, and I love it. Also work on my full fendered beauty at night.

I calibrate instrumentation at a high end Metrology Laboratory.
We service the entire Hanfor Nuclear reservation & the only operational Nuclear Power Plant in the Northwest U.S.

Interesting work. But I'd rather be building rods all day. I'm hoping my wife will write a multimillion dollar book so I can become a kept man.:D

What I do..? Hmmm..

I think I have had about every job somedays..I opened my own Halloween Props business but soon discovered that making LARGE customs props has a MAJOR drawback...YOU cant ship 'em..LOL.I deliver glass as a living right now, pays the bills..(wait until that Rat Rod stuff starts showing up at the doorstep..:D) Hell UPS hates me anyway..oh yeah..9 more years and counting...CANT wait untiL I can call it quits and work on my Rat Rod all day and chase young girls around....MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

im a roughneck on a deepwater drilling rig that is currently being built in singapore-4 wweks on 4 weeks off for the time being,will ride the rig to cape town again then trinidad then into the gulf where ill be working 3 weeks on 3 weeks off,while im off i build kustom streetrodz ,chopperz ,and occasional daily driver, cool nice to know what others on the site do.:cool::cool:

You guys crack me up:D. I play an auto mechanic in real life and do fabricating and body work on the side when not workin on the hotrod.

I drove truck for 12 yrs. retired in 1989 at 34 til 2004 I HAD to go back to work started back slowly at first Security Officer for 3 days a week then Electric Meter Installer for another year then went into a sheet metal Fabrication Shop as a CNC punch Operator I just switched to CNC Press Brake a couple of weeks ago so I count my Fingers Daily........................lol

Too funny...

Eye nead secret plan from moose and flyink squirrel.

If you knew how many Boris and Natashas I work with over here in Russia,
and the Rocky & Bullwinkle memories always creep in... :rolleyes:
We also have a Rocky (don't know how squirley he is) , just no Bullwinkle ;).
Oh yeah, ve haf "fearless leader" too :D Too funny.... '22

rockybullwinkleborisnatxw3.jpg

bad news, in an earlier post here i said i worked at john deere in canada, we make the gators and loaders and 20 foot mowers, i have just been told the plant is shutting down next oct./09 ,times are going to get bad...i only had 8 years to go to retire now i will have to work forever, bummer...p-rat

Im currently jobless. I worked for a tyson poultry plant for 4 years and one day I decided to quit and go into cooking food. This year earlier I worked as a fry cook out of town at a HOOTERS but that one was slow so I went to another one up the road and quit it in a few days and regretted quitting it ever since because the other one (franchise owned let me go in july when the f/t cooks needed more hours. Now I just linger around do what I can do to make a buck. Im trying to get back on but Im not having any luck, Maybe just maybe things will get better for me and I can get back in. I ended up loving the job. Sometimes we dont think before we act and it can end up costing us big time. :(:(

bad news, in an earlier post here i said i worked at john deere in canada, we make the gators and loaders and 20 foot mowers, i have just been told the plant is shutting down next oct./09 ,times are going to get bad...i only had 8 years to go to retire now i will have to work forever, bummer...p-rat

PlymouthRat ... sorry to hear about your bad luck. Where's the plant ? Things aren't looking too great here in Ontario; CAMI ( GM/Suzuki venture) is supposed to cut 500 at that car plant in Ingersoll in a few weeks, St. Thomas is closing the Sterling truck plant, Toyota in Woodstock (which has been built but hasn't rolled off its first vehicle to the public yet) has downgraded their forecast for the upcoming year, .... there have been others recently and that sure makes our province look a little uncertain right now, doesn't it ? Hopefully you'll get a good package when the doors close and find work soon after.

I was a Black Hawk crew chief in the army and retired, did some cable tv work for awhile that got old and I was missing aviation, so I went back to school got my FAA airframe and power plant license and collage degree. I taught at the collage for awhile and ended up getting a job on post (Fort Campbell) building turbine engines for the army helicopters and I am now a inspector for the engines and build cars on my off time.

Latest posts

Back