What drives you to build a ratty?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In alot of ways , it is a way for me to show my ablities, and also do so on limited budget. There are no limits with a ratty, and no rules. Plus I don't like to have to polish my ride. hahaha

Where I live Pre-War cars are few and far between because the climate destroys metal pretty quick.
The people who do own old tin are not the sort of folks who will sell so U take what U can get if U are wanting to build an early car.

I started with a torch cut cowl top/dash from a Model A and went from there...when U start with so little a rat is about the only option and that's cool with me because a car like that will turn my head before any ZZ Top Ford replicar or trailer queen. I like for old cars to LOOK old and show their age.
Wp

For me? It's the freedom of expression......I have a "fairly" original muscle car, and a "closely" restored antique.........and I'm tired of the "professionals" critiquing how "they" would have done it......or what's wrong with the way I've done it....

So, for me, the Rat idea allows me tremendous freedom.

Oh yeah, I hate rules............

Im a car guy, I like cars of all types. Almost anyone can build a car if part "A" fits to part "B" and then to part "C". But if parts A,B,& C come from differnt cars, thats where the fun begins. Rat Rods show creativity, what hot rods are suppost to be. My car, my ideas, my way for me to enjoy.

Are you kidding, just look at these things. Their some of the most creative and innovative cars on the road. Have one at a car show with 50 cars, and that's where the crowds are. Some of these guys are engineering genious in the way they hang their suspensions and use other pieces in unconventional ways. Just love em. Cant wait to make some headway on mine. too kool.

Latest posts

Back