What is the common name for a Mopar engine with valves in the block?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flat head?

Not sure of the answer, but I have always called any engine with inblock valvetrain a flathead. I have a Flat head 6 in my Plymouth..

Chrysler had lots of cool names for them like Gold Seal and stuff like that, but we just called them Dodge Sixes, even though there were two different block sizes and many various displacements.

There was a Chrysler Spitfire flathead. But the only way it would spit fire was if the fuel line leaked on the exhaust manifold.:eek: I took my driver's license road test in one of those.

I don't know about the Indestructible bit. We useta blow one up every fall in our Cockshutt combine. We bought every semi-derelict late-'50's Dodge in the country for the engines to put in combines.

I don't know about the Indestructible bit. We useta blow one up every fall in our Cockshutt combine. We bought every semi-derelict late-'50's Dodge in the country for the engines to put in combines.

That's what happens when u drag race those combines! :D:D:D

BoB

Ya missed one...

Cause I got it.. I got one in my 48 Plymouth. It's from a 1957 Dodge Military truck. Runs like bull...[cl

Latest posts

Back