what recession??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowbilly3

A *real* tin magnet
I go to a couple auctions a month. I have always liked the farm auctions but this year I haven't been able to get close to anything at farm auctions. I have seen stuff bringing crazy prices but this was over the top. I went to an auction Wed. that had a 59 Impala. It was a 4 door hardtop, 283 powerglide, no special options. It probably ran but hadn't for a while. The interior had been real good but was bad mousey, tires rotted off and flat. There wasn't a panel in the car that wasn't scraped or dinged and the grill was wavey, one front fender bent up pretty bad. Then there was a spare front clip, fairly decent but the bumper was bent and there was a 3 inch gaping hole in one fender. I figured the car would bring $2500, maybe 3g tops, was a $1500 car at best in my estimation. It went for $8500 and the front clip brought $1000.:eek::eek:
I am seriously thinking of gathering old cars and having an auction of my own.

Every one wants to be Craig Jackson you are just to cheap and do not know the true value. Thats what ive been told in the last few years now. After all its the American way. Good idea buy a bunch of stuff as cheap as you can and have yourself a auction. If you have the luck I do the township will shut you down an earthquake will hit then a tornado will twist any thing left then even the price of scrap will go down.[ddd

Latest posts

Back