Whats up everyone?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flip4eva83

My name is Arnie, Im from Oklahoma. 29yrs old and been wrenching literally since I could walk(both my dad and grandad worked at ford). I mainly restore (at least start to restore til I find another project) fords from the 60's and early 70's. I did 9yrs active duty in the Army, so I havent got to do as much wrenching as I would have liked. Im currently an engineering student at OU and continuing my service in the army reserve. Ive been jonesing for a rat rod for the passed 6 to 7 years, and the itch just recently got really bad which led me here. I hope to learn alot from all the knowledgeable fellas on this board. I realistically wont be starting my rat rod til at least next spring (restoring my wifes 70 Mustang fastback right now), so hopefully between now and then I can get my ducks in a row and figure out exactly how I want to tackle this thing. Many questions to follow.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site from a Vet, thanks for your service brother.
Sounds like you're headed in the right direction
This site has a tremendous amount of talent to draw from.

As requested, pics of the fastback. Picked it up on craigslist about 5 months ago. It came with new floors, qtrs, fenders and front and rear valances. I have about 95% of the parts to finish it off now.
DSC05077.jpg

One floor pan in, need to put a stitch weld in between the the spot welds and finish cutting other side.
DSC05074.jpg

Most of this is surface rust with a few rust through spots where the tank bolts in. I will just get some sheet metal and bend to fit and weld it in.
DSC05073.jpg

17x9 on the back 17x8 for the fronts, waiting for my electrician to get back from the oil field so he can drop me a 220 line in the garage. Im using a 110 welder right now, but I picked up a 220 lincoln and an industrial compressor. so some of the body work is on hold for now
DSC05072.jpg

Ive got all new bushings for the suspension, I need to pull the control arms and steering linkage so I can sandblast and paint them up.
DSC05078.jpg

Its an F code car (302) but the engine is a 289 with 302 air cleaner, drove the car to where it sits, but its going to get pulled and im dropping in a 331 stroker that I have on the stand. The 289 will be the motor for the rat unless I can get my hands on a running flathead for a decent price. Plans are to upgrade to power disc brakes and power steering in the spring. But id like to have it on the road before christmas.
DSC05075.jpg

Heres my daily driver or what was my daily driver, I lost the brakes last week ended up in an intersection. Ordering proportioning valve tonight, and as you can tell my rearend all of the sudden wanted to urinate all over my driveway, so thats going to get dealt with.

Latest posts

Back