Wheel cylinder push rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gacannon

My donor car was a car from heck. Everything on it was screwed up and cost me more money.

Mustang II 1976 cobra 302 V8.

Took the 9" rear brake drums off today. Noticed the drums looked great and the shoes also. Also noticed many parts missing including all the wheel cylinder push rods which go from the cylinder to the shoes to apply pressure when the pedal is pressed. Guess whoever worked on it never got around to pressing the brake pedal.

I can get all the small parts in a kit, but new wheel cylinders do not come with push rods. Never had to locate any in 60 years but now I do.

They don't seem to be an item parts houses know about.

As a rodder, some parts houses just want me to go away because I never have enough information.

Anybody have suggestions to locate wheel cylinder push rods? Hopefully without junkyarding in the cold weather.

Suggestions appreciated.

might try a different parts house, NAPA? somebody should be able to tell ya what else fits, or if it is available new, up here we have a brake supply house they do big truck and fleet work, but they can and will help with that stuff.
if ya get stuck, I can make the call or pass on a number.

NAPA is the place to go. Had the same issue with my shoebox. Ask the counter guy to get out his "picture book" lol and i believe they where called push rods
They were about mid way through the book. Good luck
Devils Reject

Latest posts

Back