Which Master Cylinder?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio_rat

Anyone have any insight/experience on a good master cylinder to use for my all drum, non power setup. I would like to keep things simple, just a master cylinder, and not a bunch of valves and proportioning blocks.

I have 1950 ford truck drums up front, and Chevy S-10 rear drums. I am going to be firewall mounting it, and not using a booster.

If anyone knows of a cylinder that I could bolt up and have the correct pedal feel and pressure. I want to get speedways basic one, but it says for disc/drum setups.

Thanks!

I'm using a drum/drum non power mc from a '68 Camaro application I bought at Napa. Was about $75.00. A manual proportioning valve is a good idea for the rears though.

I'm running pretty much your same setup, 48 Ford fronts and 95 S10 rear, and I am using a mid 60's Mustang m/c. Non power brake, drum brake model. That is just how I asked for it.

Don

i've seen one from a 68 chevy truck that looked like a good candidate as well...

dual, drum/drum, no power booster, and the "rod" to attach to a brake pedal was with it i think

I was looking to that generation chevy truck for a m.c., but they are a little bulky.

What year mustang did you use, im having trouble finding a dual port manual drum one.

1968 drum/drum, non power. NAPA # TS 101485 , or Advanced Auto and others can convert this to their number. Here is what they say about it in their description:

1968 Ford Mustang
Brake System Types : 4 Wheel Drum Brakes
Comments: w/ Manual Brakes;Includes Pedal Rod
Per Car Qty: 1

Don

70114.jpg

I used a late 80's Dodge master cylinder and it puts out a lot of pressure to the drum brakes. My NAPA guy told me that was what a lot of the rodders use around here.

Latest posts

Back