who are these guys?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earthman

Fascinated by rolling objects!
Tempe AZ on the corner of Oak and Southern
1864d01626a42003.jpg

Just some rookies at Sun Recording Studio in Memphis. If I remember correctly, none of them were successful.[ddd

A little thread steal...but talking about being old...I saw Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper & Richie Valens at the Prom Ballroom in St. Paul a few days before the ill-fated plane ride that ended their lives in a snow covered Iowa farm field. Can't remember the year, probably 1958.

That's a legenday photo known as "The Million Dollar Quartet". All four men happened to be at Sun Studios at the same time, but they didn't play together. The photo was staged by Sam Phillips for publicity purposes. Still awesome to see all that talent in one place. Those were the days...

The story goes that Jerry Lee and Chuck Berry were on the same billing and having a dispute about who was the biggest star and would be the final act. Jerry finally said okay i'll open but your going to be sorry. Remember when he used to play the piano with his feet and set the keyboard on fire with lighter fluid!
Good golly Miss Molly! :D

There is acutally musical in chicago that is calle dthe million dollar quartet
about those four men who helped to build rock and roll

Latest posts

Back