Who does cutom metal stamping/ embossing raise letters

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUMBLON

in metal?????? Anyone out there?
I am looking for a company that can do some custom embossing or metal stamping, something like the raised letters in the Chrysler OLD SCHOOL CHRYSLER HEMI FIREPOWER valve covers, ect?????

I want to get some small panels done that I can fabricate into some hotrod projects????? Maybe a name of a hotrod vabed into my 38 plymouth or others?

Any suggestion???????/

Dave

in metal?????? Anyone out there?
I am looking for a company that can do some custom embossing or metal stamping, something like the raised letters in the Chrysler OLD SCHOOL CHRYSLER HEMI FIREPOWER valve covers, ect?????

I want to get some small panels done that I can fabricate into some hotrod projects????? Maybe a name of a hotrod vabed into my 38 plymouth or others?

Any suggestion???????/

Dave

If anyone responds to this I'd like the Address too especially for tailgates.

I've seen it done on an aluminum panel. A template was cut out of what is to be embossed into the metal. The template is placed on the part to be embossed and is run through an English wheel to press the template into the part. If you know of anyone with an English wheel give it a try.

Keith

It can be done with form$, and hammer$, and $uch, but it is more of a one at a time thing. I am sure there are companys out there that do that sort of thing all the time, but I don't know who they are.

i was looking into this a while ago and emailed some companys that do this sort of thing and they all said they wouldnt do it because of the actual cost and set up , i was gonna do a set a valve covers and have a name put in them , i think if a person has a tech school being it highschool or college i think they could build forms for such a thing , but there might be a few companys out there that will do it as i didnt email them all

I saw an article in Hot Rod (?) years ago. The did a tailgate by using a router to cut the logo they wanted into a sheet of MDF (positive or negitive would depend on if you wanted raised or recessed letters) and mounted it to a base that could be mounted in the bottom of a press brake. Then they made a similar form for the top that amounted to an upside down tray about 1/2 inch deep that fit snugly over the lower base. The top tray was turned over and filled with a batch of body filler that had been cut about 30-40% with fiberglass resin to make it thinner and flow better. The wooden mold was covered with Seran Wrap or mold release agent and pressed firmly into the thinned filler until it had hardened. When the wooden mold was removed they had the two halves of a stamping mold. Clean up any imperfections in the top half of your mold and mount them in your press brake. I would imagine that one would want to sneak up on the pressure and that it would only be good for 1 or 2 uses, but it would be cool to have your shop logo stamped into your tailgate.

their is a book out by the guy that did the fast and fierious cars in one of his books they do embossing by cutting out the shapes and placeing them on plywood then the to be emboeed sheet on top then roll with a car tire and the atatched car. the book has more steeps and detail than a glance show picks when its done....

We can do this.
We do custom embossing like this all the time. You can do it with an English Wheel, hammer and form or custom die. If you have equipment, I can tell you how to do it.

We also do Luminore cold process plating for hot rods. Check it out on Luminore.com. It is really cool and can apply real metal to any surface. Even glass.

I am about to test put something the opposite of this (I'm a custom painter). My buddy got an aluminum hand engraver. The thing looks like a dental drill. I'm doing a test panel tonight to see if I can put a mustang with flames on his valve covers. I've done glass engraving this way but never on aluminum... I'm curious to see how well this works and how deep with dimension I can go. If it works well this will definitely be a cheaper option in my opinion than having it embossed... but if you do it yourself that would obviously save money.

I do know a guy in Texas that I worked with that can reproduce photographic images with an acid etch formula, but I'm not allowed to talk about how he does it. It's pretty crazy because this stuff will eat through aluminum but you don't even need gloves.

Hope this alternative will help if you don't find what you need.

Latest posts

Back