Who has the filthiest shop?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rex, I feel your pain. I can recommend no help other than to offer to give a great home to the model boat [dr near the cowl. My folks were from the Maine coast and I have boats in my blood. I cant have the real thing, so I love the accurate models. I'm waiting for a few weeks of down time to build a wooden model sailboat I got when in Maine.

My shop/garage is filthy and I am embarrassed for any one to see it. My building started out as a place to park motorcycles. Now I dont have motorcycles but I did manage to collect a lot of stuff. Now that I am trying to put my Impala back together and get a new engine in my truck the garage is terrible. The 3rd pic is my garage attached to the house with my truck buried in stuff. I need to get organized. At least Pee Wee Herman left me his bike.

Attachments

• impala 020.jpg
    impala 020.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 48
  • impala 021.jpg
    impala 021.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 37
  • truck 005.jpg
    truck 005.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 43
My shop/garage is filthy and I am embarrassed for any one to see it. My building started out as a place to park motorcycles. Now I dont have motorcycles but I did manage to collect a lot of stuff. Now that I am trying to put my Impala back together and get a new engine in my truck the garage is terrible. The 3rd pic is my garage attached to the house with my truck buried in stuff. I need to get organized. At least Pee Wee Herman left me his bike.

The sticker on the back window of the truck makes your story ironic :D

My poor lonesome truck has not moved in 8 years,the Impala even longer. I pulled the bumpers from the basement last week and realized the rear bumper still has a tag.

Attachments

• impala 027.jpg
    impala 027.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 11
I can't stand to have my garage messy. I always clean up & put everything away when I'm finished working for the day. I'm a little OCD when it comes to organization.

my shed is maybe 35 by 60 and there's everything from airplane parts to vw motors crammed in it. there's a little trail front to back. this photo was taken right inside the front door and just give a hint of my vast collection of junk I don't need or use but too good to throw away and I might need one day. there's more stuff out back. so... what do I win?

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 42
Organized Chaos

I have only been in my current location 9 months, and am constantly rearranging the piles in an attempt to maximize the space available (18 x 29½). The extra tall ceiling height helps a lot, and I've built shelves to use the space.
Here are a couple of nearly current pics. I have way too much stuff!!

Filthy, however, not. I try to sweep every day and always put away(and lock up) tools before leaving.

440shorty

Attachments

• 040212Pan.jpg
    040212Pan.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 33
  • 040212Shop.jpg
    040212Shop.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 35
  • JunkCollectorCorner.jpg
    JunkCollectorCorner.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 38
Currently my home shed is a fricking mess. Ive got a Suzuki dirtbike 1/2 assembled, my bolt box got knocked over and the kids have strewn them everywhere. Its embarrassing, but the other half has me fixing retaining walls. I finished them 4 hours ago. Tomorrow night Im cleaning up. Enough is enough....

my shed is maybe 35 by 60 and there's everything from airplane parts to vw motors crammed in it............ so... what do I win?

Nothing John, sorry.............

8-11-08Firstorderofbusinesswillb-1.jpg

.........16' X 26' with (2) cars, (2) engines, one trans, two work benches, welder, compressor, blast cabinet, several wheels (some with tires) and truck loads of little stuff. :eek:

In my defense, that pic was taken about two years ago. The place looks completely different now..........the Chevy II is in the back and the Willys is out front :rolleyes::D

sh*t spelled the European way.

This is my garage as of today. No time to clean - until after the Torque Fest. I'm to the point where I have to step over or around something to move anywhere.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMGP3656a.jpg
    IMGP3656a.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 57
Where do all you clean shop owners grind and cut???
I make "pounds" of metal filings and dust!!!!

If someone wants to see my truck they need to call ahead so I can move it outside.

I have no attic or basement in my house to store other stuff, so guess where it is???

26x32 four bay garage.
Three cars, a motorcycle, push mower, riding mower, chain saws, rototillers and a large selection of garden tools, enough parts to build another vehicle, enough other stuff to fill an attic and basement if I had one.
Oh yea, and lots of work in process.
I would show you a picture but I can't get it all in the frame.

And all the flat surfaces have a workbench that I havn't seen for years.
But I know where everything is. And where it should be.

Don

Oh Sam, that picture just warms my heart :p However I do see a couple nice blank canvases there though ie. garage door and ceiling [dr

I see we both use kitchen cabinets and cat litter buckets. :D

The garage door has to be able to lift - no opener but my back. The ceiling has several swing down panels for access to attic storage - have to be careful of overloading the trusses too so I try to keep the hanging weight to the perimeter.

Cat litter buckets

Ah, yes, the cat litter buckets. I have ever taller stacks of those with parts inside. I also use the dry cat food buckets, which are clear, so the contents can (sometimes :rolleyes: ) be identified.

Keep the pictures coming!

440shorty

Currently my home shed is a fricking mess. Ive got a Suzuki dirtbike 1/2 assembled, my bolt box got knocked over and the kids have strewn them everywhere. Its embarrassing, but the other half has me fixing retaining walls. I finished them 4 hours ago. Tomorrow night Im cleaning up. Enough is enough....

hmm after posting this up that night the next afternoon I managed to drop the sharp windscreen corner of a car bonnet (hood) halfway:eek: thru my left foot resulting in a 4 hour wait at the ER to get it cleaned up and stitched up. Now off work for a couple of days. It hurts like the devil. Real clever dick:eek:

Latest posts

Back