wife went to the doctor friday

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

26Troadster

i have been a little beside myself over the weekend. doctor told her she has emphysema, she has smoked for as long as i have know her and we have been married for 28 years. i quit smoking when i turned 27 and started back at 46, and quit again at 49. it is a hard habit to quit so all i can do is support her as she has never had the will power to quit, now she has no choice. sorry i just had to get this off my chest, i really can talk to her about it at this time because she starts crying when she thinks about it. so here's to hoping for better days. no matter what i'll stand with her. please keep her in your thoughts.

I feel for you man it is hard to deal with issues and trying to tell people you care for what needs to happen.
Good luck going forward

Wow, please be her strongest support she is going to be very moody and maybe even a little mean, but hang in there with her, she really needs you now. when you both come out the other end of this tunnel it will be worth the hard times.

it is a hard habit to quit so all i can do is support her as she has never had the will power to quit, now she has no choice.

Smoking is easy to quit!!! I should know... I did it at least 100 times... hahaha!!! But I actually did quit for the last time 24 years ago this Wednesday. Sorry to hear about your wife's emphysema... my dad smoked cigars in the house for years and it gave my mother emphysema. Needless to say... he had to quit! Hope she can shake it!!!

BoB

thanks everyone. it's hard to talk to someone when they have so much on their mind. sorry i put this on everyone but i needed someone to talk to, too.

I wish your wife a speedy recovery. Hope that things go well for the both of you. Something are hard to talk about in person and a little easier on the computer. Best wishes.

Hang in there and I pray for better times for you and your bride.
Life isn't fair sometimes but it's all we've got.
Support her and let her know you are there for her.

Best wishes,
POPS

i'm trying to get her to see a good lung doctor, she seems to be taking it better today now that she has had some time alone. thanks for the support everyone.

That's a tough one.....

Wish your wife all the best..... if she takes the doctors advise and quits and makes the steps necessary, she should do ok.....we'll pray for that....

things are better tonight she stills want a cigarette pretty bad. she is talking more about what she needs to do. it's gonna work out for the best i believe. shes not coughing near as much as she has been, i really believe she had some bronchitis too. it's been a great evening. thanks everyone.

So very sorry to hear that, and wish her the very best.

My ex is a serious smoker too, started just having one with a drink when we were dating, now she does well over a pack a day. She is an RN and should know better, and her Mom is on an oxygen tank from the very same thing. My Sons and I have offered to buy her those vapor cigarettes, but she "needs her cigarettes to relax her." :rolleyes:

It must be a very hard habit to give up. Your wife will be in my prayers.

Don

Don't know if it will help her any but the last time I quit I used them electric cigs u can get em about anywhere I used it about 3 mo. Slowly winging my self only a few puffs when I had a craving. Didn't smoke for a year and a half until some stuff happen and I had a dumb attack .......I wish you and your wife the best of luck. Stay strong for her its a hard habbit to kick

Latest posts

Back