wife went to the doctor friday

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, cigarettes are a hard thing to quit.
I quit in 1980, the only way for me was cold turkey.
All the best for your wife. Let her know she's not alone.

whenever you smell a nice roasty smoke, or look at a cig and think ah yeah, yummy.... pop one in your mouth and chew it up. that's how I quit.

when i quit i just layed them down and walked away and i do know how hard it is, i was quit almost 20 years when i started back, this time around i have been quit almost 3 years. all i can do is support her in this move, and i know she can do it.

Hey T roadster

I have a neighbor who I have known for over 40 years and he has been smokin heavy since the late 1970's....he has ephysema and COPD now....and he still smokes multiple packs a day....I kinda wonder why he wont stop...kinda like he doesnt care anymore...I am glad your wife quit...it is not easy at all...
Keep encouraging her to stay smoke free..she'll live longer for sure...:)

MikeC

thanks mike. she broke down yesterday and had a cigarette, i don't know how much she smoked but she told me she did. i told her now you got to start over. i know how hard it is to stop as the frist time i really quit i was quit for 27 1/2 years and never lost the want. i have been quit going on three years this time and still want a cigar or cigarette. time will tell.

Hope things turn out well. I have been kinda quiet on these forums lately because of being told I had cancer of the base of the tounge, now have gone thru the chemo, and radiation, and am trying to recover. Do understand your wife want the cig's, still want em myself, but I put it off for awhile longer every hour, then day. Best of luck to you both, and please feel free to personal contact me if,n ya want.

Latest posts

Back