Will this steering box work?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anglianut

OK, here is the deal. I have a nice steering box off a 1957 Anglia E100. It is easy to reverse for use in my cowl steering. I am concerned that it is to light duty. The Anglia original was around a 2000 lbs car. My Model A is open wheeled, V8, and a modified light weight body. It probably is about 2000 lbs. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Already tried to find a 53 to 64 f100 box with no luck.

I'm using a Corvair box on my RPU, and I've also heard rumours it might be too weak.

I want to get the geometry just right, so there is less stress on the box as possible, but I fear the front wheels are too far offset, as in the centre of the tire not close enough in-line with the kingpin centreline. if one wheel hits pot hole then it'll pull the steering over hard, wrenching the box/wheel hard. I may cut and shut the wheels to improve things. Shame, as they are brand new Speedway steeles.

097aa1ad.jpg

bc354e6a.jpg

Latest posts

Back