Window tint ?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can get a $60.00 fine for having these on your truck here in Florida :eek:

41UUnXT1yBL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

You can get a $60.00 fine for having these on your truck here in Florida :eek:

You have to admit, that is kinda obscene. I mean really, who wants to sit at a stoplight watchin' that swingin' to and fro?

Back to the window tint. Here, it's illegal to go beyond the factory shade on any of the front glass. Strictly from a safety standpoint, it makes good sense. Texting AND dark glass? Not good. The public and the law should be able to see inside just to see who's there. If I see a little old lady behind the wheel, I understand why she drives too slow. If I see a .44 on the dashboard, I won't cut the guy off and give him the finger.

As far as the law goes, if you're willfully breaking the law, you get what you deserve. On the other hand, I do take exception to being targeted, and hate it when the law goes on a blitz to raise money. Seems like harassment to me.

Here's something you don't see much of anymore. Some jurisdictions tried to make 'em illegal, too.

mudflap-girl.jpg

They'll let females get topless in Canada but

You have to admit, that is kinda obscene. I mean really, who wants to sit at a stoplight watchin' that swingin' to and fro?

Back to the window tint. Here, it's illegal to go beyond the factory shade on any of the front glass. Strictly from a safety standpoint, it makes good sense. Texting AND dark glass? Not good. The public and the law should be able to see inside just to see who's there. If I see a little old lady behind the wheel, I understand why she drives too slow. If I see a .44 on the dashboard, I won't cut the guy off and give him the finger.

As far as the law goes, if you're willfully breaking the law, you get what you deserve. On the other hand, I do take exception to being targeted, and hate it when the law goes on a blitz to raise money. Seems like harassment to me.

Here's something you don't see much of anymore. Some jurisdictions tried to make 'em illegal, too.

mudflap-girl.jpg

They are worried about the outline of a female on the mudflap??? In Ontario, I was surprised to see a girl sunbathing on the deck of the boat topless....the OPP went past and took a good look but kept going....lol...I at the time didn't know it was legal to do in Ontario....does that go for all of Canada??

They are worried about the outline of a female on the mudflap??? In Ontario, I was surprised to see a girl sunbathing on the deck of the boat topless....the OPP went past and took a good look but kept going....lol...I at the time didn't know it was legal to do in Ontario....does that go for all of Canada??

Go figure? (pun intended)

Women's groups are responsible for all this nonsense. In the case of the mudflap girl, somebody got their panties in a bunch largely on account of the more "pointed" version...

Mudflap-Girl2.gif

Their case was pure crap. They tried, and failed miserably.

20 years ago, a young Ontario woman defeated the charge "committing an indecent act". The story got national attention, and again, the women's groups were all over it like pigs on corn. Toplessness is not legal as such. Laws like "lude and indecent act" still exist across the country, but because of the Ontario case, isolated cases do occur, usually performed by radicals who tempt the law with copycat stunts.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2011/07/19/gwen-jacobs.html

I believe the Ontario gov't embarassed themselves to the point where they choose to turn a blind eye, and hope it just goes away. They lost the case, and set a precedent for future challenges.

Good news for the OPP officers patrolling the beaches and marinas, not to mention the good citizens of Ontario. :D

Yes......

I rather enjoyed the view.....sitting on the dock, with binoculars...admiring the view.... of Lake Joseph......:D [cl

There is a big misconception about making money from cites. In small townships, this is probably true. However, in big metropolitan area such as L.A. County, most of the money goes to the state. For example, running a stop sign is a $50 cite. 80% of the fines goes to the state. the other 20% gets divided between the city and county. The penalty assessment, which is $14.50 for every $10 dollars worth of fine (5 X $14,50) goes to the state. The penalty assessment use to be $3 but the state increased it, making the penalty assessment greater than the fine, due to a budget short fall years ago. When the state had a surplus, they kept the penalty assessment.

Most cops I know hate writing cites, which is why I gave more warnings than cites. The only times I cited was when you lied, made excuses or ticked me off. The exception to that are motorcycle cops. Here, they get to take the motorcycles home plus 8.5% hazard pay. If they don't write enough tickets. they lose the motorcycle.

When I worked a ghetto station, no one carried a cite book. There were more important things to do than write cites.

I love the "quota" non sense.....

There is a big misconception about making money from cites. In small townships, this is probably true. However, in big metropolitan area such as L.A. County, most of the money goes to the state. For example, running a stop sign is a $50 cite. 80% of the fines goes to the state. the other 20% gets divided between the city and county. The penalty assessment, which is $14.50 for every $10 dollars worth of fine (5 X $14,50) goes to the state. The penalty assessment use to be $3 but the state increased it, making the penalty assessment greater than the fine, due to a budget short fall years ago. When the state had a surplus, they kept the penalty assessment.

Most cops I know hate writing cites, which is why I gave more warnings than cites. The only times I cited was when you lied, made excuses or ticked me off. The exception to that are motorcycle cops. Here, they get to take the motorcycles home plus 8.5% hazard pay. If they don't write enough tickets. they lose the motorcycle.

When I worked a ghetto station, no one carried a cite book. There were more important things to do than write cites.

All the quota crap kills me.....I'm not sure that any department still uses citations as a performance standard due to the bad press and union complaints.... but Quota's are non exsistant.....
In our city we write the cites under City Ordinance.....50% goes to the public library fund....10% to the court, 15% to the county and 25% to our city.....if we write under state law we get 5% and the rest goes to county and state....but writing cites is not supposed to be a money maker.....it's supposed to deter violations....and you are right....most officers don't like to write cites....lies, verbal abuse or disrespect will guarantee a cite.....otherwise warnings are normally the case...at least for me....

I think writing tickets is like shooting ducks in a barrel. So many people drive like absolute bone heads that you guys could probably write tickets until your fingers fall off. Just my opinion.

with the new License swipe system....

I think writing tickets is like shooting ducks in a barrel. So many people drive like absolute bone heads that you guys could probably write tickets until your fingers fall off. Just my opinion.

the citations are printed off from the license info..swipe the license and input the charge and bingo bango..your ticket is written out, sent to the dept and also sent to the court......no muss, fuss or bother....so writers cramp is a thing of the past....LOL :D Gosh, I love technology!!!

the citations are printed off from the license info..swipe the license and input the charge and bingo bango..your ticket is written out, sent to the dept and also sent to the court......no muss, fuss or bother....so writers cramp is a thing of the past....LOL :D Gosh, I love technology!!!
I guess L.A. County is behind the times. Cites are written out the old fashion way. There are choice spots to write cites all over. In our city, there's a four way stop our traffic cars hang around. They will write 8 cites in an hour and the rest of the time, do nothing. They don't even handle traffic collisions, only cites. Our Station was the only one in the County where traffic cars only wrote cites, so all the cripple, blind and lazy wanted a traffic car. When I retired, they changed the policy, so now they actually have to work.

It's so true, however, the vehicle code is an excuse to stop, look and smell. Most cops would rather arrest for a felony than write tickets. In our Department, productivity is based upon arrest stats. No one really cares about cites. Even the CHP bases productivity on DUI arrests. So much so, CHP monitors are car to car frequency, so all you have to say is, "Any Chippie looking for a deuce?". In the distance, you will hear the 4 barrel open up and the sound of squealing tires. They are more than happy to arrest DUI's.

Even have E-crash...

I guess L.A. County is behind the times. Cites are written out the old fashion way. There are choice spots to write cites all over. In our city, there's a four way stop our traffic cars hang around. They will write 8 cites in an hour and the rest of the time, do nothing. They don't even handle traffic collisions, only cites. Our Station was the only one in the County where traffic cars only wrote cites, so all the cripple, blind and lazy wanted a traffic car. When I retired, they changed the policy, so now they actually have to work.

we do our traffic crash reports on the computer as well....send it to the department and que's it for being sent to state when either me or the boss ok it and hit send......Technology is great until it breaks down....then most of the kids are lost.....us old guys....we revert to the Old method of hand written stuff.....

we do our traffic crash reports on the computer as well....send it to the department and que's it for being sent to state when either me or the boss ok it and hit send......Technology is great until it breaks down....then most of the kids are lost.....us old guys....we revert to the Old method of hand written stuff.....
I was in group to study what would be needed to computerize our reports. That was 15 years ago. So far, the best we've done is to computerize the booking process using the computers in the car. Our Station is the only one in L.A. County that does that and it was a fluke. One of our patrol Deputies started using that function and taught it to the rest of us. Some of us own our own laptops and down loaded the Department forms to write reports, however, I found it was faster to write them.

Being a Detective, I had to read other's reports. The spelling and punctuation was horrific.

Man, If you could get zinged for spelling and such.

I was in group to study what would be needed to computerize our reports. That was 15 years ago. So far, the best we've done is to computerize the booking process using the computers in the car. Our Station is the only one in L.A. County that does that and it was a fluke. One of our patrol Deputies started using that function and taught it to the rest of us. Some of us own our own laptops and down loaded the Department forms to write reports, however, I found it was faster to write them.

Being a Detective, I had to read other's reports. The spelling and punctuation was horrific.

I'd get writers cramp doin the write ups....the spelling and grammer are terrible....I sent one officer to report writing school 3 times....still kept putting y'all's and "I seen them driving" and the "the witness, whom stated" crap always made me laugh......:eek: terrible....now that we do reports in the cars...not so many errors as they have spell and grammer check...:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back