WoodWard Fab Bead Roller.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsmecord

I ordered a WoodWard Fab model a couple months ago from Summit Racing for I think $129.95 plus a little shipping. I have to say other than a grease zirk being broken on it when I took it out of the box I am happy. I did the floor,and lower cowl/door reveal on the 46 ford truck I am building with it.There were a few issue's,like the adjusters that center the gears kinda suck but a little lock tight fixed that.It arrived about 3-4 days after I placed my order.
Compared to the Harbor Freight version it simply dominates,It is almost twice as thick and although it could still use some stiffening it has rolled the 18 ga. sheet with only a little bit of deflection(when you REALLY cinch down on the roller pressure adjuster) -BUT it has not been enough to affect the end product as long as you take your time when doing corners.
Like most others I would like to add an electric power source as it kinda sucks trying to do it all by yourself. Sadly,My wife is a far better "driver" as she calls it than myself.For those that are not familiar with my build I will include a few photo's that show the floor my wife and I did with the roller as well as the lower cowl/door (as it came out of the box) I would recommend this unit to any hobby/hot rodder.

Attachments

• chop-floor 0001.jpg
    chop-floor 0001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 113
  • smooth cowl 004.jpg
    smooth cowl 004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 94
thanks for the review..I was wanting to buy that same roller from woodward for about $150 then noticed it last week in the Summit tool catalog for $125..now just gotta convince the honey I need another tool :D:D

No problem Tim, I have had afew people ask about what I was using so I figured that I would post here and spread the word !

Louver Dies

So have you guys gotten a set of louver dies for one of these yet? Been eye balling this for a while thinking about getting one.

Woodward Fab makes some nice equipment. We've looked at their stuff at car shows and it looks really good. As for the motorized part, we did go for the motor on our ProTools bead roller and it sure makes a difference. One person can do stuff that normally takes two.

Don

i bought my woodward roller at the Charlotte good guys about 3 years ago (heck they even delivered it free of charge with the show purchase). I bought their stand for it right away and it came with a bunch of dies (but no louver dies). I really like it, except I which it had the motor set up on it. I guess if I tried I could make up an adapter and power it.

A couple years ago at GoodGuys in nashville I got caught up in the moment and bought the bead roller , slip roll and sheetmetal brake also a rotary shear . I have been very impressed with all of it , I would recommend it to everyone . The slip roll is awesome for building tapered trans tunnels .

Latest posts

Back