work begins on 39 chevy.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
front sheet metal goin on .I talked to a coulple old timers that have 39s they both told me the front end goes on in reverse put on the hood line it up then line the grille to the hood then the fenders line up to that. so far so good I have about 10 hours in lining the hood and grille still not quite right . had to step away for a while.

Just at quick glance, it appears the hood needs to tip down in front if the grille assembly can move down. the body line looks like it runs uphill on the hood, and the fenders also look low as a result?

Just thinking out loud. Your car looks simply perfect!

Just at quick glance, it appears the hood needs to tip down in front if the grille assembly can move down. the body line looks like it runs uphill on the hood, and the fenders also look low as a result?

Just thinking out loud. Your car looks simply perfect!

thanks. it looks like its up hill because the front is sitting on stands. if you eyeball it with the whole body line and gaps at cowl all even it is real close .fenders are just hanging loose on a few bolts.I'm just getting started.

got the front sheet metal nailed down.it was'nt easy, it's not perfect, but these cars were'nt perfect to begin with. I have just a few small loose ends to tie up and we'll be on the street.

Attachments

• car 014.jpg
    car 014.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 34
  • car 018.jpg
    car 018.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 30
  • car 019.jpg
    car 019.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 27
  • car 025.jpg
    car 025.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 30
I just wanted to say, I hope my earlier comments were not taken the wrong way, you did a fantastic job of lining up all those panels to one another! Great looking build for sure!

Nice work, got the right stance and the signals were a good idea.....[cl

thanks sgt. cant take credit for the signal idea it was like that when we got it. I did swap the buckets side to side to put them on the inside. as for the stance I would like to bring down the rear a little, I have a new chissis enginering rear suspension for this car, I will wait till winter to put it and a disc brake, posi rear end I'm putting together in.

a couple pics with the headlights in. what do you think should I leave the small fender grilles chrome or paint them body color?

Attachments

• car 028.jpg
    car 028.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 26
  • car 029.jpg
    car 029.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 20
  • car 030.jpg
    car 030.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 20
a couple pics with the headlights in. what do you think should I leave the small fender grilles chrome or paint them body color?

I also vote to leave the grilles chrome. I think the trim defines the car and blacking it out takes away from its "personality" so to speak. Of course, that's only my opinion and it's your car.

Maybe look at some pics before you pull the trigger. 400+ here...

http://autohobbypage.com/photo/list/chev/chev39/c39s2.html

nat0085.jpg

Don't know how I missed this thread but glad I got caught up! Car looks really cool and I'd leave the small grills chrome. Awesome job and congrats! [cl

Beercan

Latest posts

Back