would you consider this a rat rod?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schine

well, so my stepdad came, and so he told me that his friend has a rat, so i was exited, i wanted to go and take a peek at the rat,u know, expecting a z frame, low body pickuo cab with a huge v8 and a random grill or something, oh surprise, waht i found was a mid 50 4 door chevy sedan over a caprice body, and i was...disappointed to be honest, so the question is, would ya call something like that "rat rod"?

something like this, but running, is a rat rod? or they have another name?
i saw a post that called them rust runners, does anybody know something about tha?
807_40_1644---Rusty-Old-Car_web.jpg

Call it whatever you'd like. Everyone's interprtation of what a rat rod is different. Something like that running years ago was just called a beater, older ones jalopies.

My brother and I used to play a game when we were kids called "my car". We had to travel a lot so to pass the time when we saw a cool car we would say My Car! No one ever won it was just about who had the coolest collection of cars...

... We also played a game called "hooptie" (sp?). It was basically the reverse and we would say hooptie. I would call that a hooptie except it's still got that vintage classicness.

Hooptie! hahahaha... that takes me back.

Im going to play Kelseydum's game.

MY CAR!!!!

Oh man that car just gave me visions. Alright picture this, that car painted up a nice lime green or even a newer burnt orange. Then take that car and put over on a 70's model short wheel base 4x4 chevy frame. Thats what my eyes see anyway, lol.

Are you sure thats a mid 50's chevy?

Looks small, more like an old SAAB or something - I like it!

Z-d frame, truck cab, no fenders, big motor - my grandma woulda called it a dune buggy. ;) To an outsider, if it's not shiny, it's a rat.

That one has all kinds of possabilities. But the thing is, if you don't like it you should never put hours and hours into it. You are setting yourself up for failure.

whatever you call it, a wagon has never been cool.

I got my drivers license in 1965. There was a couple of very nice, very fast and very cool tri-five wagons in my high school parking lot. There's been tons of of cool wagons built over the years. Even the NHRA had a cool little Plymouth wagon they used for going from drag strip to drag strip

Kinda like people who have 4 door cars, they really want them to be cool, but they just never will.

Tell that to the low riders. I was talking to the owner of a very nice '54 Chevy more door at a show. "Nice car. I like seeing guys building more doors". "I don't care if it's a four door, it's still a '54 Chevy".

Shoot some red primer on it, slam it, maybe some www's on chromies, a little pinstriping and you're good to go.
[/QUOTE]

Im going to play Kelseydum's game.

MY CAR!!!!

Oh man that car just gave me visions. Alright picture this, that car painted up a nice lime green or even a newer burnt orange. Then take that car and put over on a 70's model short wheel base 4x4 chevy frame. Thats what my eyes see anyway, lol.

Are you sure thats a mid 50's chevy?

no, the mid chevy is the one the guy's got, this one is just a pic i found on the internet, its cool though :D

Wagons have always been cool! I don't care what kind of car you have, if you like it, build it! I can usually appreciate the work done to a rod whether I like it or not. :D......CR

TRUE!, and waht about the chevy nomad?
about 56 or 57, i would kill for one of those!

Man... I have a 4 door.... I didn't realize. Dang. Guess maybe I'll try my hand at sewing quilts or something.....:(

4 doors trying to be 2 doors are not cool. Be what you is, not what you is not. ;)

i think it depends on the car, i love the bel air 4 doors wagon, but dislike the look of the normal 4door el air, its weird, it depends on the person too, i mean, arent old mercedes cool?

I got my drivers license in 1965. There was a couple of very nice, very fast and very cool tri-five wagons in my high school parking lot. There's been tons of of cool wagons built over the years. Even the NHRA had a cool little Plymouth wagon they used for going from drag strip to drag strip

Tell that to the low riders. I was talking to the owner of a very nice '54 Chevy more door at a show. "Nice car. I like seeing guys building more doors". "I don't care if it's a four door, it's still a '54 Chevy".

Shoot some red primer on it, slam it, maybe some www's on chromies, a little pinstriping and you're good to go.
[/QUOTE]

mmmm how about top chop, a v8, whiteys, and something like the basket over the roof that some vw's have,, that would work for me...

I wouldnt do a v8 or a chop. I would put in a basic 4 cyl clean it up a decent set of chrome wheels and drive it till you find the car or truck you really want. Or option #2 leave it and keep on looking . OPTION #3 if you want a v8 a GASSER WAGOON!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back