Wyoming House Bill HB 0090

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotwheels

I just wanted to share a story with all my rat rod friends about a law i helped change and it is being signed into law today at 3:00 pm by my state governor.

I tried to post the story here in whole, but the site wouldn't allow me too, said i have to many characters in my thread, so the only way i can share the entire story is via this link: [URL="http://www.insanemustangs.com/forums/bs-room/19062-vehicle-restoration-legislation-long-read.html"]Wyoming House Bill HB 0090[/URL]

I usually don't post links to anything, but this really means allot to me. It's a direct link to my website, but only to the thread. No one has to register to read the story, or become a part of the site, that is not my intention. I just can't believe i was able to make a change to a bad law for those of us whom enjoy building rat rods.

Here is a picture of my 47 that started it all.......

Attachments

• 47ratrod55 004.JPG
    47ratrod55 004.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 17
I applaud you for taking an active role in the local legislative process. Our hobby is in jepardy from laws enacted by the uninformed with a personal agenda that feeds their ego. I hope you won't stop here and will continue to work for fairness in legislation especially when it affects the car hobby .. good job!!..[cl

Thanks guys, i am pretty excited. Allot of people in my state won't know the story behind the bill that now makes it easier for them to title a vehicle for rat rodding, hot rodding, etc.......Hard to believe that my initial anger towards titling my 47 ended up changing the law. Woohoo.

Good job, It can be intimidating, but in theory, they work for us. glad you did the foot work that many others would just complain about.[cl

Thank you very much, i've got to apply for a lost title and license my '51 pickup in Wyoming this spring, it should be easier to do now, you're the man!

I didn't read the whole thing but I thought Wyoming was close to Montana on title work and registering...The girls at the DMV here were excited when they seen I had a '48. The only thing I was upset about is the cost, cost more than my daily driver becuase it's a 3/4 ton. I laugh at it now.

Good job by the way

Thank you very much, i've got to apply for a lost title and license my '51 pickup in Wyoming this spring, it should be easier to do now, you're the man!
It should be a hell of a lot easier and less expensive. The way the law was written, it was for newer vehicles and didn't take into consideration of old cars and trucks.

I didn't read the whole thing but I thought Wyoming was close to Montana on title work and registering...The girls at the DMV here were excited when they seen I had a '48. The only thing I was upset about is the cost, cost more than my daily driver becuase it's a 3/4 ton. I laugh at it now.

Good job by the way
We were like montana, but that changed last year. The law was rewritten for lost titles and set up so that you had to go through a bunch of b.s. now. Hopefully now that their is specific wording for our older vehicles, citizens in wyoming will be able to continue our hobby, with a little more ease.

Latest posts

Back