You asked for pics...Here ya go...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lakota

Rides a rusted horse
Every time I post a question you've asked for pics. This is the work so far. As you look at these, we're busy installing the aluminum radiator, chrome pulleys, electric fan, dizzy, Bear Claw power door latches, and the wiring harness. It's a 39 Dodge with a 350 Chevy bolted to a Olds Tornado front wheel drive transaxle. The Transaxle frame is married to the rear of a Chevy S-10 Frame. I took out the torsion bar suspension and used a set of coilovers. The manifold and carbs are Edelbrocks. I made an all steel gas tank and a steel shelf for the battery. The nose and front skirt are being somewhat modified, and I'll use fiberglass fenders since I can't find good steel ones. Here ya go....

Attachments

• LWSR Pics 017.jpg
    LWSR Pics 017.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 192
  • LWSR Pics 020.jpg
    LWSR Pics 020.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 118
  • LWSR Pics 016.jpg
    LWSR Pics 016.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 209
  • LWSR Pics 021.jpg
    LWSR Pics 021.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 105
  • LWSR Pics 022.jpg
    LWSR Pics 022.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 159
Hidden?

Lakota.
Nice truck but this is the one you're hiding from your wife? :D

ISore

Thanks guys

Eyesore, nahhh...I was keeping it a secret from you guys until I got the engine in. Telling you about it is one thing...seeing it is another.

Rev, three ways to go for wheelies
1) keep your foot out of it...yeah...right
2) fat chick for a hood ornament...not good
3) Wheelie bars...wonder if they make dually, tandem wheelie bars

very Cool looks great Lakota thats going to be an eyecatcher for sure

um....i thought that motors went in the front...;)...that is a really cool build-now that we've seen it, we'll expect progress reports too esp. the one where you pop a wheelie for the rev. tex :eek:
keep up the good work- looks awesome!!:cool:

V W's, Corvair's, Fiero's, and a few more I can't remember the names of had success with rear mounted engines. And I wanted to build something different. If I put the engine in front, the bellhousing and trans would have taken up most of my leg room, and the driveshaft would have been under my armpit. Think about all that heat radiating into the cab from the trans and exhaust pipes. Besides... That engine is huge, I want to see where I'm going.

The front has the steel gas tank and the battery over the front wheels for weight distribution. Later, I'll add a removeable storage platform between that and the firewall.

Latest posts

Back