1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bit more progress done today. Passenger side is about 1/2 way done. Still have 3 pieces to weld into the rear side, grind all the welds down, and then I'll move on to the very back. Once that's all done, I'll mount the fuel tank and figure out how I'm going to mount the new seats. I love seeing how far this thing has come. Still got a lot of work to do though before I can even think of it being on the road and depending on certain circumstances, it may go on the back burner for a while. But we'll have to see how it all pans out.

Well, I have come to a transition phase now. I need to go pick up a few sheets of 18 gauge so I can finish the inside and stick in the window trim but I don't have a full day off in a while so I'm moving back onto the suspension/radiator/grill. I'm making some cardboard templates so I can cut the steel and make my shock towers and headlight mounts. This will also be what mounts the radiator and grill. I'll take some pictures tomorrow and post them up for y'all to critic. Anyway, off to go play with trains.

Couldn't sleep when I got home from work this morning so I worked on it a bit. Got the shock towers made and fit the radiator and grill. This thing looks straight up mean, which is completely awesome. Also threw the headlights I'll be using up there just to make sure she looks right and yes she does. Here's some pictures to show y'all how she looks.

I'm working on it as quickly as I can. But...life sometimes gets in te way. The car is about to be moved to the back burner. Got word the other day that I can finally buy a house. I'll keep plugging along with the bit of stuff I have for it but not gonna go hog wild buying more parts and steel until I'm settled in. Looks like next winter I won't be worrying about being flooded out of the shop cause I won't be there anymore.

Been workin on the cowl steering lately. Got my gear box mounted, pitman arm extension made, and my pitman arm. Let me know what y'all think. Seams to be functional so far. Tomorrow I'm gonna make my drag link to go from the pitman arm to the drivers spindle to make sure I don't have any clearance issues. Then I'll beef up the upper drag link bracket. I also have to make a support bracket for the box because it feels sort of wobbly even with using 1/4 inch plate. Anyhow, a couple of pictures.

Got my tie rod on and started making my headers but I'm not liking the way they are turning out. Maybe I'll be able to grind down the welds and make it prettier but if not, looks like I'll be ordering another header kit... I hate doing things multiple times before I feel like they turn out right.

Gave up on the exhaust for now and decided to go back to the steering. Got my steering gear box supported so no more wobble. Shortened the steering shaft by cutting it, found another steering wheel assembly so I used the hub off of it and the steering wheel, welded it and then sleeved it with a piece of 3/4" schedule 40. Then I fit the dash in place but realized that the dash needed notched so I notched it. Also, the shifter was hitting the wheel when in reverse so I heated it up and bent it outta the way. Anyhow, here are some pics.

Next is to pull the body back off the frame and run the wiring and brake lines.

Is the wheel that close to the door, or does the pic just make it look that way? If it is that close, a finger smasher for sure!:eek:

Not much news on the 33. Got my steering arms made up out of 1/4 inch plate and lowered the front end back on the ground. Looks like I need to make a different upper arm as this one is made out of 1/8th. So that'll be one of tomorrow's projects. Also going to pull the body back off so I can redo my panhard bar, run the brake lines, and also wiring. Once I get all that done, it'll be almost ready to go on the road. A few things here and there and I'll be set. I'll try to take some pictures as I go tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back