36 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would leave 3/8 to 1/2" clearance.

what type of exhaust are you going to run? i bet some block huggers would sneak in there.

nice build by the way

i would leave 3/8 to 1/2" clearance.

what type of exhaust are you going to run? i bet some block huggers would sneak in there.

nice build by the way

Hey thanks, Im planing on some zoomies angled down a bit, so Im going to have to put a s shape out and over the frame and then down. I hope 1.5 or 1.75 will do.

I started to box the rear tonight. I only got one rear section done because it took forever to cut it out with a sawzall. Maybe I will get the other side done tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC00121[1].JPG
    DSC00121[1].JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC00120[1].JPG
    DSC00120[1].JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 102
I got a little more done, the otherside of the rear is boxed. Now I will start on the lower section where the cab goes, and this other pic is the crossmember I had to alter a couple of weeks ago, because it was directly over the axle.

Attachments

• DSC00122[1].JPG
    DSC00122[1].JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC00127[1] (2).JPG
    DSC00127[1] (2).JPG
    53 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC00129[1] (2).JPG
    DSC00129[1] (2).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC00117[1].JPG
    DSC00117[1].JPG
    54 KB · Views: 57
looking good man, I just boxed the front of my frame on fri night..lots of fun... still got lots to box, but just needed to get the front done so i could finish up the motor mounts.

I also would like to run a manual, I have an auto.. I am designing my set up so that I will be able to change it down the road when money permits, allowed for adjustment at the trans mount, and I am going to make the top of the trans tunnel removable ...

I will also position my pedals to make sure i will have the room for the 3rd pedal when time comes

I got a little more done on my truck. I cut the driveline which I found out I did wrong, Oh well I hope it dont wobble to much. I also mocked up one of my zoomies. I bought a mandrel bent 2" u and cut it three times and was able to make one pipe out of it, so 7 more to go and then I can box in the front.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 90
  • 082.jpg
    082.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 74
How do I get the big full page pics? That would make my thread more interesting I think. Can someone Help Mr. computer eliterate here?

Check the link in my Signature. I did a step through about signatures. If you have problems, you can PM me. As for the big pics, you have to link to them from another site like photobucket. Personally, I like to upload them to RRR, because if the other site decides to delete, your thread suddenly has no more pics. Also the guys with slow connections don't have to wait for all the pics to load.

BTW, really like how you didn't let the frame get in your way!

Not a hole lot of progress to report, man Im dissapointed with myself. I am however starting my exhaust.I bought two (because thats all they had) 2" mandrel bent u's for 11 bucks each. I cut it into 4 pieces and came up with this. here is a pic of one pipe. The problem's Im having are I dont have a chop saw so getting all my cuts identical is going to be a chore, and welding the exhaust tubing is a bit tough for me but I can grind it down and I think I am going to put header wrap on them so I guess it does'nt have to be perfect. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 53
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 55

Latest posts

Back