56 Merc front end?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmic12

Had a guy show up with a 56 Sun Valley and he wants a late model Crown Vic front end put on it. Anyone ever do this? Is the width correct?
He said he saw it done on Ass Monkey (Fast n Loud) TV show.
It kinda makes since but I have never seen it before:confused:

I don't know the width, but a lot of guys are using the late Crown Vic front under F 100 pickups. It's supposed to be an almost bolt in, just have to drill a few holes in the frame.

The suspension that they are using is from 03+ frames. They vics, town cars, marquis are all the same. if you use a cradle from a cop car it might have bigger ball joints and tie rods that can be hard to get. They are pretty wide.

I'm suppose to be getting a few of them in soon. I will see about getting measurements.

I would think the aluminum cradle Crown Victoria front end would end up being about 3" wide PER SIDE. If I recall the track width is +/- 65" center to center. Something more like the 1986 and earlier Jaguar XJ front end would be a better choice.

Set of Ford Granada/Lincoln Versailles spindles is a damn near bolt on for those cars. The Lincoln spindles are supposed to have a 1" drop over the Granada spindles. My Father had a 56 Ford Fairlane (same car more or less) with the Lincoln spindle swap and disc brakes. Plenty low and with the addition of the anti-roll bar from Jamco and some good Bilstien shocks, the car drove really well. Cheap too!

Latest posts

Back