c4 vette chassis blank canvas

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Build your own body?

It's an '88.I thought of something like a homemade C-cab but it would catch the wind a lot. I'm trying to create something this time that could cruise on the interstate. :D

I have a couple of BMW hoods you could use to build a body. Split one for the sides and use the other as back or front? Or both? Also have a couple of Miata doors; both driver side.

Or, still have that F1 Ford cab ... :eek:

Maybe start with something that is already wide(er) like a 50's era truck. Leave the frame width as is. Make the body even wider to fit if needed. Kinda like the old pontiac wide body idea. Then chop & channel it. Also keep the fenders and widen them too. No bucket seats, use a bench seat to bring that wide look inside. Also no bed, build it bobber style.

I think a 5 window Chevy would be awesome. Finish out the body and make a really nice driver.

You mean THIS one!

a little inspiration for a c cab. it might catch some air but can be very cool, but the five window chevy would too.

http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26740

This is just WAY cool !!! It could be done with a slanted windshield and cowl; more aerodynamic. ;)

attachment.php

How about the 54 Chevy coupe now cut to a convertible body I have here. If you can get it shipped I'll donate it to the cause...[P

You guys are coming up with great ideas and making this fun. :)
I just can't handle a full size body with the limited time, talent and space that i have to work with. Dave, using body panels to make a roadster is what i was trying to get you to do! :D
I would love to put a rusty wreck of a body like that one on the painted and polished chassis but until my redneck retirement plan (win lottery) happens
it's just too much for the limited time and capability i have. Weekends only.

Anyway, Jess and i just rolled a T-bucket project into my garage tonight so now this thread will get continued after that one is done! [;)

Yeah buddy!!!

You guys are coming up with great ideas and making this fun. :)
I just can't handle a full size body with the limited time, talent and space that i have to work with. Dave, using body panels to make a roadster is what i was trying to get you to do! :D
I would love to put a rusty wreck of a body like that one on the painted and polished chassis but until my redneck retirement plan (win lottery) happens
it's just too much for the limited time and capability i have. Weekends only.

Anyway, Jess and i just rolled a T-bucket project into my garage tonight so now this thread will get continued after that one is done! [;)

That just might happen, Curt. While I'm getting pretty good with moving truck cabs around with engine hoist, floor jacks, and wood planks, it's a bit of a pain.

T Bucket? Cool !!! [cl

I'm partial to 30's cars, once you get to 35 and up the fender shapes cover up the IFS and front frame horns, but once you get past 1940 or so bodies are more slab sided and lose that old timey character. Also once broken down, the bodies are smaller and easier to handle when working solo.
Just my 2 cents worth....[P

How about the 54 Chevy coupe now cut to a convertible body I have here. If you can get it shipped I'll donate it to the cause...[P

UMMM....... excuse me sir..... not to hijack a thread, but 54 chevy coupe? Does this particular coupe have a grill in good shape you would be willing to sell??? I am in need as mine has holes, creases, stuff that makes me not want to use it....

Thanks for the interest in this project. 8Liter is in Yellowstone for a week so i don't want to make any mods on the
C-bucket (going to title it as a Chevy) until he is here to approve. Meanwhile i've been cutting the vette body apart in the shade of a canopy this weekend. It is SO much more fun to drive with no doors. :D

This is the correct picture of what i have Bam. As i bought the thing in my usual rash impulse i didn't research first. The second picture is what i thought i was getting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the interest in this project. 8Liter is in Yellowstone for a week so i don't want to make any mods on the
C-bucket (going to title it as a Chevy) until he is here to approve. Meanwhile i've been cutting the vette body apart in the shade of a canopy this weekend. It is SO much more fun to drive with no doors. :D

This is the correct picture of what i have Bam. As i bought the thing in my usual rash impulse i didn't research first. The second picture is what i thought i was getting.

Ah you wanted a C5 and got a C4... You can still make the C4 awesome should you choose to use it!

Latest posts

Back