Center of universe looking for answer on saturn

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clipper

FACT OR FICTION: I have heard a tale that there is a small spin on filter that fits a saturn that will work on a small block ford. Anyone have any experience with this. Thanks in advance, Clipper.

I would think as long as the gasket area and the threads are the same on both filters it would work.The size would only matter on the amount of oil the filter holds..The parts dept at work has a big filter book i'll take a look and for ya..........

Clipper,

I took a look in are filter book at work and no part #'s crossed from saturn to ford,but it only goes back to '90 model year so any way the pro-tech filter # for all saturn's is 130. hope this help's.

According to the link in the oil filters thread Chrysler 2.2/2.5 can use the same as 5.0 Ford. Maybe it'll work the other way, as they are smaller. Worth a look anyway. Tim

SOME filters are internally bypassing,others are not.

There are short filters available for the SBF,without risking a mismatch.

If you have a serious clearance problem,there are right angle adapters available.
Or you can run a remote filter.

I'd rather have a larger filter than some of the little tiny late model filters.

This may show my age a bit. If you need a shorter oil filter to fit a Ford get one for a Dodge. The 318 oil filter is shorter than the 302. As I remember, and I have been away from the parts counter along time, PH8A is Ford and PH16 is Mopar. It is like the GM filter #25 is short #35 is long. Please correct me if I am wrong on the numbers.

Latest posts

Back