Chopped '46 Dodge PU!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok... today was the day. I have been threatening to start this build so off we go. I plan on choppin' this rascal 6"-7", build a new frame & plop the Poly motor I recently bought in it. This should be fun & my rusted up old hack saw & my trusty sawzall have been whinin' about their lack of work. Gonna build a wooden frame to roll it around on 1st & then on with da choppin'!!! Yippppeeee!!!

BoB

Attachments

• caboff.jpg
    caboff.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 51
  • ondaground.jpg
    ondaground.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 50
damn, another project?!?! lol

looks like fun, so did you ever do anything with that chrysler?

oh yeah, that little green coupe of mine made 521/542 on a 150 shot.

Tripper are you hiring anyone :) How many projects do you have going lol gonna be sweet am sure :)

Damn, Tripper another project! :eek: Did you get that hacksaw back from Moses so you can start choppin? I want to see a list a of all you're working on I can't keep em straight.

It's not really that many... '57 Ranchero, ''41 Ford PU, '46 Dodge PU & '41 Chev panel with that Crosley & a couple others waitin' in da wings! And yes... i have lost my mind & will not be satisfied until I have a car for every day of the week!!! :D:D:D

This one is going to be radical. I like the plan.

And on the cheap!!! So far... $500 for pu & $500 for motor & tranny. Lookin' to see it I can make the $3K max.

Yes... my name is BoB & I'm a car-o-holic!!! :eek:

BoB

Damn, Tripper another project! :eek: Did you get that hacksaw back from Moses so you can start choppin? I want to see a list a of all you're working on I can't keep em straight.

Tripper, When do you sleep??? :confused: With all the ideas bouncing around in your head about all these projects it sure must be difficult sometimes!! :D

Thunder1

Tripper, When do you sleep??? :confused: With all the ideas bouncing around in your head about all these projects it sure must be difficult sometimes!! :D

T1,
Sleep... what's that!?!? Like they say... u don't need much sleep when u're old! Don't have time for it!!! :eek:

BoB

Take lots of pics:cool:

Ron,
I definitely will but this is sorta like an in between project because I'm tryin' to get the '41 pu & '41 panel ready for Houston Autorama Thanksgiving weekend which is about 90 days off. Once I get them outta the way I'll really get with the program but the top choppin' part is 1 of my fav things to do & I'm really lookin' forward to it! Hope to start on it next week or week after!

BoB

That looks bada$$ , it takes allot of time in the shop during a build , to stand 15 degs off center of the right front wheel with a cold one in yer hand ,eyeballing the proper stance of the car in progress....:D Are those billable hours..?

that is an interesting look and i like the tail..lol..

do you have a front picture or more of a profile so we can really see the stance and slant? damn i miss day dreaming about these type of projects, bob you are making get the rat blood flowing again!

I like your vision Tripper. Now you got me thinking. May have to break my promise to the wife. May have to add another truck to the bunch. Was trying to wait til we move in a few years but,,,,,,

Latest posts

Back