Chromed mini alternator... know where to get a cheap one?!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
It'z time to get an alternator for my PU. There's a guy on daBay that sells a custom bracket for Nailheads but with my 3 deuces setup... it won't work for me! Anyway, he claims you can buy a chrome mini-alternator for $100-$150. The ones I've seen on Jegs & daBay are like $300. I know I can probably get a cheap one for a Toyota or Nissan truck but they're not chromed. Anyone have a clue?!

BoB

I see them all the time at the Pomona and Long Beach swap meets. There is a guy in Parker AZ that sells alternators and starters that has them. Don't know his name or any of the swap meet sources. They're all Chinese products.

That's not much help (if I had one I'd have to paint it black or gray, so I really haven't paid any attention) Sorry.

I think I'd buy a PowerMaster and pay more for a product I'd trust.

Trip, I got mine on da bay. It's not chrome but I don't think I paid more than 150 for it. Look under mini denso should be easy to find. Seems the guy was out of Florida.

Bought a 60 amp one & not chromed... thanks guys. I was told by the comapany I bought it from that there's not enough aluminum in a mini to dissipate the heat of a 100 amp version. Not gonna have much on my truck so I'll live with a 60 amper!

BoB

Do you have room for the alternator if you turn it 180 degrees, that's what I did on my drag 55 to get it out of the way. The alternator doesn't care which way it turns, it will still work.

Latest posts

Back