dually split rims

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy

Motor mouth ratchet jaw!
i took the rears tires off the ram 3500 and took the 25" gooseneck trailer in to have them installed.
turns out 2 of the trailer wheels are split rims and the guy cant/wont work on them.
so since those tires still hold air
i had the guy simply put em back on.
i called the junkyard and realized i didnt know the particulars of the kind of rims i need to replace those two[S
welp
live and learn

what lug are they billy ? Wish you were closer I have 6 that come off a 76 chevy one ton truck 16"

Last edited:
what lug are they billy ? Wish you were closer I have 6 that come off a 76 chevy one ton truck 16"

they are 8 lug
i am probably going to sell it after our last move.
it really is overkill for what i am doing
anybody need a tandem dually 25 foot heavy equipment gooseneck?

if i was going to keep it
i was thinking about mounting a 20 foot shipping container on it.
secure mobile weatherproof storage

it sure is nice for moving day
since the bed is at waist level i dont have to bend over during loading/unloading
and they hold an awful lot of household crap!:D

it sure is nice for moving day
since the bed is at waist level i dont have to bend over during loading/unloading
and they hold an awful lot of household crap!:D

I keep thinking I need a high deck trailer, especially for loading stuff with a fork lift. They sure do put a car a long ways up in the air though. I hauled a new chevy back from Lexington, Neb and was towing with a 2013 gas Chevy, It would shift down 4 times on hills and be screaming 5 grand going 50, made about 4 mpg.

I keep thinking I need a high deck trailer, especially for loading stuff with a fork lift. They sure do put a car a long ways up in the air though. I hauled a new chevy back from Lexington, Neb and was towing with a 2013 gas Chevy, It would shift down 4 times on hills and be screaming 5 grand going 50, made about 4 mpg.

with the cummins it pulls fine
the other good thing about this type is no fenderwells
we get to use every inch of bed;)

I borrow a tandem dually once in a while, actually 3 different ones. My gosh those things are heavy, pull about the same as my 18' bumperpull does with 10,000# of scrap iron on it.

i dont know how much this thing weighs
but it aint made outa Styrofoam...:D

Latest posts

Back