Duraspark dist. wiring?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCROCHET

Ok guys,
back story. Have a 50' f1 that im putting a 400M in. The truck came with little to no wiring so I bought a e-z wiring kit for it. With all of your help I have it mostly wired and the truck turns over with the key( big accomplishment on my end) but does not start. I have wired the coil pack but dont know how to wire the distributor. I believe its a duraspark 3 wire dist. it has an orange, black and purple coming out of it. I assume the black is ground but do not know where the other two wires should go. Like I have not a clue!

Any help would be great.

Will that dizzy even work without the Duraspark module?
12836d1275158498-duraspark-wiring-help-duraspark-ii-conv-tfi_2.jpg

I believe that there was discussion on the duraspark

set up a while back....you can (if memory serves me)...I'm not a ford guy but without the transisterized box I don't think you're going to get anything out of the dist.....isn't there also a way to wire in a GM module to that system as well??? Like I said..not a big ford guy but if you check the posts I think this was covered before with some pretty good ideas on checking or setting up the wiring you need....

Usually the three wires coming off a dizzy are for 1. Coil positive (+) 2. Coil negative (-) and 3. Tach. Not sure of color coding for Ford's. First off, I'd call the EZ tech line and ask them.

Zipper

A local circle track racer used those Durasparks and said he loved them. He told me he ran them without the module by hooking up the wires a certain way, but he couldn't remember the sequence off hand the day I was talking with him. He said you use the 3 wires and run hot to one, and a ground to another one, but that was all he could recall.

Don

Dura spark

This is interesting using a gm modal and a dura spark distributor. Google it for full instructions.

Attachments

• heiconversionford.jpg
    heiconversionford.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 33
awesome guys! always a big help! Im gonna grab a gm 4 pin module and see if that works this weekend. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back