Edelbrock carb..anybody run one?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm definitely with the majority here..for a reliable driver, they can't be beat..on the BBC in my Chevy truck, I was playing around and swapped the tricked out Holley 850 double pumper to an out of the box 750 Edelbrock and the seat of your pants power decrease was very noticeable, but it started so much easier and idled a lot better..

I'm going to try two Edelbrock 600's on the tunnel ram in my F1 project..

I have heard that Edelbrock and Holley measure their CFM flow in different ways, maybe at differing air pressure, I'm not sure.

Thus the 500cfm Edelbrock, apparently, flows almost the same as the 390 Holley, so I'd guess your 750 flowed way less than the 850 rather than just the 100cfm you'd think.

I've quoted this old saying before..........." A Holley will win on race day but an Edelbrock will get you home from the track." I think that is very true. Holleys do produce more HP but Edelbrocks are something you just bolt on and forget about. One thing I know about Holleys is that they don't like a spec of dirt in the fuel. My Son Don was running a 700 on the 425 in his 65 Olds convertible and he spent many a date under the hood cleaning out some piece of trash that got lodged in there.

I have used Edelbrocks for the past 20 years and love em, and am running two 600 cfms on my 27 right now. No bog, no lag, no problems. It drives on the street like it had a 2 barrel on it.
27outsidepictures117.jpg

However, I have a 355 Chevy motor that I bought in a Camaro ex drag car and it came with a Holley 750 DP, and I will use that carb because I plan on using that motor in some drag car.

Don

Thanks Don, thats good info to have..I really didn't know how well two of the 600's would work on my tunnel ram, but was gonna find out:D I've ran several tunnel rams ovr the years, but always with holleys..

I agree with everybody about the Edelbrock carbs, I've had good luck with them as well and recommend them to everybody for street use. I can't believe that nobody mentioned Demons, I like them a lot better for all out performance over a Holley, just my experience, I even ran one on alchohol.

Latest posts

Back