Fast and Loud, I had to laugh!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone see the show where they sprayed clear on the Olds to save the patina? I'm thinkin' that the clear will start flaking off in a year & make a mess.

Did anyone see the show where they sprayed clear on the Olds to save the patina? I'm thinkin' that the clear will start flaking off in a year & make a mess.

That was Fast and Loud! They bought if from a guy who's dad bought it brand new! Slammed a 350/700R4 in it and sold it to some rich kid for $25K.

Zipper

l k
l would like to see chip foose do a another show, he is a neat guy.

I would rather watch the guys at Gas Monkeys than anything Chipped Tooth does. These guys are closer to reality that Foose. Anyone with pockets full of money can do what Foose does.......gas monkeys are more like real people,

lungs

Lungs, you have to be kidding me, right ? Chip Foose has more pure, raw talent in his little finger than most people have in their entire body. He isn't like George Barris who couldn't turn a wrench if his life depended on it, Chip can do it all from fabrication, to bodywork, to painting himself, and better than any of the professionals he has working for him.

If you ever watched Overhaulin' you would have seen Chip knee deep in every phase of the work, using tools and painting cars too. He and his Dad are hands on car builders who didn't come by their money or fame the easy way. If you noticed on Overhaulin' every so often Chip would take the lead on doing some part of the work and the guys helping would stand there in awe of how well he did things.

Chip is also one of the nicest people around. When he goes to some event to meet the people he will stand there and talk to each and every person for a long time, never blowing anyone off. I watched him at a local show, and he was laughing and talking with everyone who wanted to stand in line to meet him. He is the real deal.

As for the guys on GMG, just because they are grass roots builders doesn't make them talented. Some of the stuff they were doing on that show made me cringe.

Don

Last edited:
Lungs, you have to be kidding me, right ? Chip Foose has more pure, raw talent in his little finger than most people have in their entire body. He isn't like George Barris who couldn't turn a wrench if his life depended on it, Chip can do it all from fabrication, to bodywork, to painting himself, and better than any of the professionals he has working for him.

If you ever watched Overhaulin' you would have seen Chip knee deep in every phase of the work, using tools and painting cars too. He and his Dad are hands on car builders who didn't come by their money or fame the easy way. If you noticed on Overhaulin' every so often Chip would take the lead on doing some part of the work and the guys helping would stand their in awe of how well he did things.

Chip is also one of the nicest people around. When he goes to some event to meet the people he will stand there and talk to each and every person for a long time, never blowing anyone off. I watched him at a local show, and he was laughing and talking with everyone who wanted to stand in line to meet him. He is the real deal.

As for the guys on GMG, just because they are grass roots builders doesn't make them talented. Some of the stuff they were doing on that show made me cringe.

Don

Couldn't agree more!!

I ran into Chip at the NSRA swap last year in L`ville. We were looking through some parts on a table and I noticed it was Chip so I said hi, how`s it going and he
started telling me about this wooden workbench his dad had given him and how he was looking for vintage tools to display under it.
Very cool guy that never diplayed the big head attitude you would expect from a fairly popular TV star. We probably chatted for 10-15 minutes and he was very low key.
Nice guy.

Rat rod TV use to be on Direct tv...then only ran a few episodes. Now its on you tube.. or on there web page .
What happened to Jessie james new show? Thought History picked up 5 episodes or so...

Unfortunately, Discovery Cana-duh doesn't think we need to see Fast n' Loud or Outlaw Garage. Maybe they're right, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much. :(

I missed a couple opportunities to meet Foose. That sucks 'cuz I think I'd like him, too.

Did anybody ever meet Coddington? He was here once but I avoided that scene because I figgered he was an arrogant jerk. Am I right?

You know what I'd like to see on TV? A show about drag racing legends. Garlits, Prudhomme, Plueger, Kuhl, Bob Gerdes, Tom Hanna, Aldana, whoever is still alive and still building cool stuff. The garage/shop tours could make 20 episodes without drama injection. Who needs drama when the subject is blown and injected on nitro?

Prudhomme is a nice dude by the way. I was lucky enough to meet him once and he talked like we were neighbors having a beer at the fence.

Unfortunately, Discovery Cana-duh doesn't think we need to see Fast n' Loud or Outlaw Garage. Maybe they're right, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much. :(

I missed a couple opportunities to meet Foose. That sucks 'cuz I think I'd like him, too.

Did anybody ever meet Coddington? He was here once but I avoided that scene because I figgered he was an arrogant jerk. Am I right?

You know what I'd like to see on TV? A show about drag racing legends. Garlits, Prudhomme, Plueger, Kuhl, Bob Gerdes, Tom Hanna, Aldana, whoever is still alive and still building cool stuff. The garage/shop tours could make 20 episodes without drama injection. Who needs drama when the subject is blown and injected on nitro?

Prudhomme is a nice dude by the way. I was lucky enough to meet him once and he talked like we were neighbors having a beer at the fence.

It's been my experience that most racers are like that Doc!! Never met Boyd, but that show made him look like an a$$!!

I think I read one time that Boyd really wasn't a horrible guy in person. I forget where I heard or read that, but it stuck with me because he did have an attitude on the show. But that is HOLLYWOOD ! :D

Don

I watched the whole hour, the episode with the 50 Pontiac, 55 Belair and 60 Caddy, also the 52 Ford gasser.
The show is kind of am insult to us guys who are busting our knuckles and know the b s.
I remember a big hoorah on the ham a few years back about the gas monkeys, they were taking credit for cars other people had built or something.

There was a big stink one time on another car forum concerning GMG, and I understand it ended up in a lawsuit against the forum for defamation or something along those lines. Not sure where it ended up because I had that forum ban me when they dragged Corkey Coker's name into the mess and Corkey was not involved at all. It truly was a huge cluster as far as I was concerned and I wanted no parts of it.

Don

Latest posts

Back