Forever and 'A' Day

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistolpete

So after spending the last year or more looking for a decent Model A Tudor, I logged on to Canadian site yesterday morning for my usualy couple day check of the forsale section. Low and behold a really clean looking A on the other side of the country, with such a good price on it I had to look into it. So after looking into shipping, and figuring even with shipping I couldn't buy anything this nice within a 12-16 hour drive for nearly the same cash, called and made the deal last night.

I'm just a little excited, hopefully the car will be in my garage by mid May, the guy who I am going to get to move it will be a week or two until its picked up. I was joking with the Mrs last night that I am having a love affair with an 81 year old. Without further ado... some pictures. I assume I would have been told "this thread is worthless without pictures.

5138259849_4d745490bf_b.jpg

5662804040_4718714195_b.jpg

5662809314_52041b47d9_b.jpg

So the plan in my head right now. Fix the couple electrical issues, and drive the tires off it for a year or two (since I am getting married this summer). Once the wedding is paid off slowly gather parts to end up with a somewhat traditional build, chopped 3-4", 4" in front, and drop the rear 3-4", toss in an 8BA or 59A, etc.

Just a few more... I gotta show it off alittle, since you guys atleast know the excitement I have right now. For some reason my friends and wife don't get it...

5321647687_592e013e14_b.jpg

5322246300_6a29699992_b.jpg

5662236043_5a53a9070e_b.jpg

One thing I am really looking forward to is no steel termites!

That ought to be a blast to drive. Good luck getting it home and take your soon to be Bride out for a ride. Congrats on the marriage a must read for you might be a book called The Five Love Languages. just my .02[cl

wife don't get it...

pistolpete--wife don't get it...

if she don't get it now, after the marriage, how is she gonna take the long hours and money spent to do the beauty justice?

not being a downer, just experience, as l married a woman who didn't get ''it' and for 5 years l did not work on anything or cruise 'couse my EX-wife didn't ''get it''.

my thoughts, just throwin' it for discussion:confused:

Last edited:
pistolpete--wife don't get it...

if she don't get it now, after the marriage, how is she gonna take the long hours and money spent to do the beauty justice?

not being a downer, just experience, as l married a woman who didn't get ''it' and for 5 years l did not work on any thing or cruise 'couse my EX-wife didn't ''get it''.

my thoughts, just throwin' it for discussion:confused:

My wife didn't "get it" either, but after the first ride in my rat rod she loved it. As long as you take her out in it, and she sees everyone's reaction to it (thumbs-ups and waves), she'll get it. I bet she loves it, esp if you let her pick something like wheel color, etc when you start fixing it up.

My buddies aren't car guys either, but they "get it" when I roll up to the watering hole and people gather around, asking questions. :D

Car looks great, and the are fun to drive, sound neat with stock exhaust, have cruise control, and go purdy good, stopping can be tough with stock brakes. all in all a fun ride. I think the wife to be will be ok with it, congrats on both accounts.

Nice looking Tudor, bet you can't wait till it comes. [cl

Sometimes having a woman who is too into your cars can be a double edged sword too. My last GF wanted to accompany me to the garage all the time and going there was my own little getaway. She couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to have her there with me, but sometimes you just need to be alone. :p A mans home is his castle but his garage is his sanctuary. :D

Don

I wouldnt say she comepletely doesnt "get it", I had built a Jeep for offroading over the last few years and she wasn't really into that either, but was the first one to say she missed driving it once it was sold. I'm not too worried about her nagging me about time in the garage, its sort of kills two birds with one stone, she gets some time to do things she wants and vice versa. The other thing that helps to is she is a nurse, so shift work, so I have atleast two guilt free nights and two guilt free days a week to spend in the garage.

Yeah pretty pumped right now the time isnt going to pass fast enough until its unloaded and in the garage.

Seldom do women "get it" totally....

My wife loves driving around in what I build but doesn't get the hard work, money and effort required.... what she does get is how happy I am when I am working on or driving something I've built..... I've been forturnate that my wife appreciates how much I put into these things..... not so much what it is.... that's why I love her......:D
Great Deal Pete.... good luck with the marriage too.....God bless ya both...

Wow... this thread took an odd turn. [S My wife understands I just like to create and make stuff, and I think she's glad I'm working on a car instead of a 40 foot tall Mouse Trap Game or something. :rolleyes: Hmmmmmm.....

Anyhow, sweet looking car and I'm not sure I'd do anything besides the chop.

I cant believe you plan to cut up such a nice example of history! Seems like you could flip this one after you drove it for a while, and put SOME of the cash proceeds towards something that's not is such pristine condition. :eek: Just seems sacreligious when so few of the really old and nice cars still exist. But do what ya gotta do. Oh--congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. My bride of 35 years is currently donating to the economy in Vegas with her brother and sister while I save money to spend on car parts!!!

Oh man. That's a nice car. Congrats. When I look at it, I see this......................
[/URL]

Funny enough I have had that as my desktop at work for probably the last 6 months. I seem to flip flop on what I want to do right now, think I just need to get it here and go from there plans may change...

I cant believe you plan to cut up such a nice example of history!

I say go for it! Then you can tell the purists that you just made their cars more valuble by cutting up this one! Besides, all the top Master Builders say to start with a clean origanal because it cuts down on all of the repair work the body needs. It is faster and cheaper in the end. I like it! nice find. [P

Just got word that it's picked up and in the trailer heading east. Has a few stops along the way so ETA at the moment is Tuesday night next week. You couldnt wipe the grin off my face right now with a brick!

Latest posts

Back