How to open your car with a tennis ball!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do know that if you shatter a spark plug, take a piece of the broken ceramic insulator, and toss it at your car window, the window will go away like it was magic. My Son had electric doors on a couple of his cars and the lights at 7-11 would screw up his doors so they wouldn't open. He would have to buy a sparkplug at the auto store next door and use it to get in. Of course, he had to buy a new window, but it beat walking home.

Don

I do know that if you shatter a spark plug, take a piece of the broken ceramic insulator, and toss it at your car window, the window will go away like it was magic. My Son had electric doors on a couple of his cars and the lights at 7-11 would screw up his doors so they wouldn't open. He would have to buy a sparkplug at the auto store next door and use it to get in. Of course, he had to buy a new window, but it beat walking home.

Don

should have a hide-a-key.....i have them on all my vehicles cause of that reason also coat hangers work wonders also.

i used to keep a coat hanger under the hood of my 73 mach 1 because you could open the hood from the out side, thaat and i locked myself out a few to many times...

I kept locking myself out of one car I owned and it was pretty disgusting to be able to peer in the window and see your keys hanging in the ignition. So, I took a spare door key, drilled a 1/4 hole where the key chain normally goes through, taped it to the back of my license plate, and ran the license plate bolt through the plate and key. Whenever I would lock myself out I would use a dime to undo the bolts, remove the key, and get in the car.

I did worry though that if someone was just stealing my plate they would also have access to the inside of the car, but I took that chance.

Don

I know some have that phone app thing!

We can start our truck with the cell phone. Lock or unlock the doors also.

I'm talking about pressing a remote near a cell phone miles from the car and the other cell phone user holds their phone near the car and it unlocks it... didn't work when we tried it.... didn't do anything.... anyone actually get that to work???[S

A cell phone doesnt work because its not sound, the fob emits a radio frequency. A tennis ball has no way of releasing the tumblers and rotate the push/pull the arm.But they can sure make it look real on their vids.lol

I keep a spare door key in my wallet. Locked out and had to pay a locksmith to open the door! I could see my keys sitting on the console, but couldn't get to them. The locksmith looked at the key and made the cuts on a new one with a handhold key cutter. Key worked the first time. I was amazed and poorer by$75 dollars:eek:...will never happen again...cr

I'm talking about pressing a remote near a cell phone miles from the car and the other cell phone user holds their phone near the car and it unlocks it... didn't work when we tried it.... didn't do anything.... anyone actually get that to work???[S

Our new Chevy truck has OnStar, and a remote start on it. The is a app for smart phones that allow you to do all kinds of stuff with the truck and use the cell phone as the remote. You can, lock the doors, unlock the doors, start the engine, turn it off, check air pressure in the tires, check fuel left in tank, get and estimate of how many miles you can go. All from the cell phone, any where you can get cell service any where in the world.

I do know that if you shatter a spark plug, take a piece of the broken ceramic insulator, and toss it at your car window, the window will go away like it was magic.
Don

That an old biker trick. Someone was messing with you and trying to run you off the road. You would wait until they were up long side you and you would took a hand full of the stuff and whip it fast at there side window and the glass would break.

Most the times the sob would think you shot at them and would back off in a hurry.

I have this little plastic card that has AAA on it. You call a number and they will come open it for you. They will also change a flat tire, bring gas if it runs out or tow you home if it breaks down. Just like magic! [cl

I have this little plastic card that has AAA on it. You call a number and they will come open it for you. They will also change a flat tire, bring gas if it runs out or tow you home if it breaks down. Just like magic! [cl

Good investment.

Latest posts

Back