master cylinder

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyrush2

whats up..i'm using a master cylinder from a 71 chevelle does it matter
what outlet is for the front or rear? i have disc/drum

yes i do

the rear is 4 the front disc you will need a residual pressure valve a 2 lb for the front a 10 lb for the drums

master cyl.

the big area is for the front disc brakes and the small area is for the rear drums, brake calipers need more fluid reserve than the wheel cylinders, the fittings under or on the side of the master cylinder should be in the same area as the big or small resivors, some masters have 2 different size fittings also, the bigger fittings will be for front calipers and the smaller fittings will be for rear wheel cylinders.

pressure valves

you only need pressure valves if the master cylinder is mounted lower than the brakes on the car, if mounted to the firewall no valves are needed, but if under the floor you will need them, and you will deffinetly need a porpition valve (dont think i spelled that right) adjustable is the way to go, that way you can adjust pressure from front to rear and get a good balance so evey time you hit the brakes you dont either lock up the rear wheels first or slide the front wheels, you can adjust it so the whole car slows down and no sliding

I'm using a Chevelle Disc/Drum master cylinder and the front fitting is for the front disc brakes and the rear are for the rear drums. They are not interchangable. Use an adjustable proportioning valve or a stock one.

I9 use a mitsubishi mastercylinder 4 wheel diskand a s-10 value disco/ drum, the brake pedal only moves about 2=3 inches, ran the big line to the front and the small to the rear, but i am using drum /drum brakes THE RES IS SPERATE FROM THE MASTER CYLINDER

Attachments

• DSC00370.JPG
    DSC00370.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back