mounting the body to frame on a '62 ford p/u

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brchopper

hello. Ive got a ford pick up with a completely rusted out floor and core support. What I want to do is have the frame rails level with the ground and than position the body level with the frame and ground. Then rebuild the floor and mount it to the frame with everthing level. To me this seems like the easy way to do it even though I can tell this was not how the factory did it. There is no bed (I will be building a flat bed) , I will be altering the suspension anyway so I can adjust that to work with a level frame. My question, does anyone see a big problem with this idea ? I do not have enough of the floor left to copy the position of the original cab mounts. Thanks for any thoughts.

mounting cab to frame

I'm in about the same place but am not sure of what to use for isolators or frame brackets. my frame is going to new out of 2x4 tube.

For frame brackets get 3 feet extra box tube a cut an 8 piece than cut an angle across it to make 2 mounts, then use a flathead motor mount on top.

Attachments

• BOX.png
    BOX.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back