mustang 2 question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShovelHeadShawn

i traded for a mustang 2 front front end today. i am planning to run it under my full fendered model a. i have herd that i will need narrow a arms and that i will need to modify my fenders. is this true? i don't want to modify my fenders if i can avoid it.

is there a build thread i can look at. any advice will be greatly appreciated

Are planning on using the stock cross member? Also if you want it to set low you well have to notch and box the front fenders.

2007_1123ssfr0139.jpg

I built this Model A in the 70's using a stock Pinto front end. It was necessary to put bubbles in the front fenders to clear the A arms. The pinion shaft ran right into the frame rail too. It rode great and steered well too once I got rid of the oem flexible steering shaft. Those were dangerous. This pic is from the late 90's, long after I sold it.
The fenders on this car were fiberglass so the modification was easy. It didn't require much of a bubble and didn't hurt the look of the car much. You can see the bubble in the left fender, just below the horn.

Hah! Dropped spindles were still waiting to be invented. Can't remember for sure but I might have cut one turn out of the coils but only enough to get the lower A-Arms horizontal.
I just set the Model A frame on the crossmember.
If I had the Model A now I would use dropped spindles and get the wheels tucked inside the fenders better. Sure needs to be at least a couple inches lower in front.

Latest posts

Back