My first shot at a drive video.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

I bought a cheap little "action camera" and mounted it in my coupe. The brackets that came with it are pretty much junk, but the camera seems to work pretty well...... good enough for what I want, anyhow. I can't wait to cruise across Wolf Creek Pass or one of the other mountain passes that surround the Valley I live in! Man, the country roads around here are rough! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRzmJJoQAE&feature=youtu.be

i been wanting one of those myself.
lucky for us technology is leaping forward and prices dropping

I got the camera with all the brackets, a water-tight case, and a memory card for around $110. Not too bad......but I made my own bracket to mount the camera in the car.

smallfoot my 30 dont have a sun-visor or I would try it out , but I done a couple on the dump-truck at work . works pretty good :D I start recording and put the phone in the pocket and fold it down ,, ready to go , even helps with some vibration :D

smallfoot my 30 dont have a sun-visor or I would try it out , but I done a couple on the dump-truck at work . works pretty good :D I start recording and put the phone in the pocket and fold it down ,, ready to go , even helps with some vibration :D

Yeah, my visor's gonna be outside...I suspect it's my dial-up crap, but the vid errored out the first three times..then it worked. Sounds great! Can you give us a brand name Animal?

Last edited:
Smallfoot, There isn't an actual brand name anywhere on the camera or packaging, other than "SJ1000" That is what I searched for. The camera gets pretty good reviews. I tried to use the windshield suction-cup mount, but the mount broke when I tightened up the thumb-screw. There are quite a few different mounts, and the waterproof case, a car-charger, and a wall-charger, along with a usb cable. I like the fact that I can record while the camera is connected to the car charger, so I don't need to worry about running out of battery. :)

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I'll be messing with the camera as I go, and will post a video when I go somewhere cool, like across one of the passes around here. :)

Yours turned out better than the one I did with my phone Animal. The wimpy mic on the phone distorted my sound, yours sounded pretty good, albeit a little quiet.

At first, I thought you was headed toward a tornado! Then, the closer you got, it turned into a rain shaft, very cool!

Latest posts

Back