Nehi beverages metal panels - door panels

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunder1

I bought a couple of 22" W. X 27" L. metal panels at a flea market on Saturday that should make good door panels for my 51 f1. I paid $15.00 for the pair. They are faded yellow with some really cool embossed and slightly faded hand painted "Drink NEHI Beverages" lettering. Turns out that they were both cut from the front of an old Kelvinator refrigerated soda cooler from the mid 40's or early 50's.

Here's what the lettering looked like new. I think they ought to look tough as interior door panels. Anybody else have any cool recycled advertising incorporated into your builds??

Thunder1

Attachments

• I1297.jpg
    I1297.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 19
Thanks guys!

I'll post pics of the actual panels I bought tonight. I didn't have time to in my first post. They are a long way from looking new but there again, who needs new - right?

Thunder1

What a great find, that will work well with what you are doing.

This is not mine but I saw this at a GG event. The panels look like they were from an old vending machine or lagre embossed sign.

Attachments

• gg08cokecros.jpg
    gg08cokecros.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 24
Going to be some sweet panels. Wow i guess I'm old i remember drinking grape nehi's when i was a little fellow.

Going to be some sweet panels. Wow i guess I'm old i remember drinking grape nehi's when i was a little fellow.

Grape NeHi's huh ???? Smoke Newports/Kools & part your hair down the middle too ????

Latest posts

Back