Oh oh, time to order some Grey Poupon!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, he got a little beat up by some, but not as bad as I woulda thought. :D He probably didn't do bad money-wise, considering. I remember the show where they built it, and the roadster pickup body was super nice. He paid $ 800 for it, but it is worth lots more than that. Also, the bed is nice, the engine is a crate engine, the tranny was a built unit, the rear end is a Currie 9 incher, the frame is an after market '32 with all the SoCal kind of suspension goodies. All they did was wash the whole thing in some chemical to make it rust all over. The new owner has some very good parts to start with, all he needs to do is neaten stuff up a little and it will be a nice little rod.........plus he has bragging rights that JJ built it on MG. That alone will be a great conversation piece.

As for the BJ prices being high, another place I see this is at any large car show. About 50 percent of the cars at Turkey Run this year seemed to have a For Sale sign in the windshield and for the most part the asking prices were ridiculous IMO. I think the owner either figures some fool will come along, or they do it to boost their own ego. I know it costs money to build a car, but........:confused:

Don

I am somewhat strongly opiniated when it comes to this. It was all fun and games for many years watching people sweat it out trying to get "their" car. But I think it really hurt the muscle and collector car market. Some others may find that a rude comment as it has helped increase the resale of their cars a bit. But now some people want god awful prices for run of the mill cars. It is a blessing and also a curse. Talk with folks about car costs or cost to build and you'll often get , "well i seen one on barret jackson go for 3 times that". The cars on B J are for the most part, the best cars and the best parts available, but most are not worth what is payed for them.:rolleyes:

I agree, they have helped take alot of good muscle cars off the road and put them in rich hoarder's collections. Investors that aren't really gearheads have really messed up the car world in the last 20 years for the rest of us. Luckily we can still build rats.

Auctions...

Is there any local (Houston area) auctions that the public can sell a custom car through? Check out the Houston's craigslist# 542714489.
Thanks, Russel

Latest posts

Back