Rock Pile Rat Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgbrktracer

Anyone know of a build thread for the Rock Pile Rat Rod on utube? The chassis setup is very close to what I'm building. Major diff is the cab. I'm using 52 F5 Ford instead of Chev.

Looks like he's doing good quality work, the chop has clean looking welds and good proportions.:cool:

Most here would rake him over the coals for building a fenderless S-Truck chassis, but, to each his own.

Me, I just don't understand the stupid big "Z" at the rear....If you want to "lay frame," build a minitruck...:confused:

Sorry, dunno if there's a build thread elsewhere...Have you tried looking on ruffrods or KB?[S

Regards,
Shea:)

Hello Shea

Thanks for the reply. Was beginning to think nobody would:(. The 2 main reasons I'm using the S10 frame is, I have it and I still plan to race once in awhile and think this front end would be more consistant and better handling on the quartermile. Most of front end parts will interchange with my Malibu wagon and I'm using a lot of parts off it to build my truck.

Yep, it's nice that The General builds several different platforms from the same "parts bin.":D

I actually think that one looks okay with the steering switched out to R&P.

There has to be some way to make a grille shell fit one of these things and make it look less "long in the nose." For me, that's the problem with 'em. I could care less about the A-arms hanging out in the breeze....;)

I just don't understand the ridiculous HUGE rearframe kickups that so many build in.... I mean, how the heck do you use a pickup box if the frame is even with the top rails?![S Oh well, rant off.;)

Regards,
Shea:)

Latest posts

Back